This post is sponsored by Truly Grass Fed but the recipe is my own!
The first day of fall is just over a week away and I can’t hold out any longer on sharing this Apple Cinnamon Crumb Muffin recipe with you. I actually think now is the perfect time to post it because I’m always surprised by how early apple season really is in this area. It seems like by the time it actually feels like fall, the orchards are cleared out for the season. So here’s some encouragement to do some early apple picking and get to baking!
Call me crazy but I’ll take an apple baked good over pumpkin any day. (That’s not to say that I don’t appreciate pumpkin baked goods but apple is my fave!) These Apple Cinnamon Crumb Muffins are one of my best bakes of 2020 and I can’t stop eating them. I’m going to bake another batch of them tonight to have on hand for snacking and breakfast this week.
These muffins just have the most perfect texture and taste. I incorporated a little bit of whole wheat flour into the muffins and it offers the right amount of heartiness to compliment the apples without crossing over into dry territory. I also found just the right balance of sugar by making the muffin portion not overly sweet and letting the crumb topping and the glaze give the extra sweet kick.
The real star of the show here is Truly Grass Fed Unsalted Butter. It’s no secret that I love butter. Finn and I go through a stick of Truly Grass Fed salted butter every week for things like toast, grilled cheese, eggs and bagels. I am also big fan of baking with high-quality butter and this one is tasty, sweet and creamy.
Truly Grass Fed products come from farmers in Ireland who keep sustainability and animal welfare top of mind. Each farm is Certified Animal Welfare Approved by A Greener World which is an independent nonprofit farm-certification program that guarantees that animals are raised outdoors on pasture on independent farms for their entire lives, using sustainable farming practices.
The cows are 95% grass-fed and graze 250 days on pasture. Their butter is non-GMO as well as growth hormone rBST-free and antibiotic free.
I can’t wait to hear what you guys think about this recipe. I think you’ll love it as much as I do! 🙂 You can learn more about Truly Grass Fed and their incredibly delicious lineup of butter and cheeses here.
APPLE CINNAMON CRUMB MUFFINS WITH VANILLA GLAZEPrint
Delicious, hearty and buttery apple cinnamon muffins with a crumb topping and vanilla glaze.
⅓ cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ cup Truly Grass Fed unsalted butter, melted
⅔ cups all-purpose flour
Pinch of salt
½ cup unsalted butter, softened
⅓ cup packed light brown sugar
¼ cup granulated white sugar
2 large eggs
½ cup plain greek yogurt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup milk
1 ½ cups peeled, chopped apples (2 small)
1 cup powdered sugar
3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream (or half and half, or milk)
½ tsp vanilla extract
- Mix topping ingredients together until they reach a crumbly texture. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425. Prepare a 12-count muffin pan with nonstick spray or liners.
- Using a mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat butter and sugars together until smooth and creamy. Add eggs, yogurt and vanilla and beat at medium to high speed until fully incorporated.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt together and pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Add the milk and apple and mix on low speed until combined.
- Spoon batter into each muffin cup, filling all the way to the top. Press the crumb topping into the top of each.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425 and then lower oven temperature to 350 and bake for another 15-20 minutes longer.
- To make the icing, whisk all ingredients together and drizzle over warm muffins.
Keywords: baking, apples, muffins, fall