Hi! It’s a pretty big Monday for Peanut Butter Runner. Today is my two-year anniversary of blogging on PBR. I started blogging over four years ago on my (now very neglected) food/recipe blog, Bakin’ and Eggs. It’s hard to believe that I’ve been involved in blog world for so long. It’s a pretty cool thing to be a part of. I have made so many connections with like-minded bloggers from all over the country and the world. In addition to feeling personally connected to many of these bloggers, I am also incredibly inspired by them. It’s so cool to follow other people’s journeys…whether they be in food, life, fitness…and to share knowledge and experiences. A big thank you to all of my fellow bloggers who follow the blog.
I also have to say thank you to the readers of this blog. Whether you started with me in the early days or have stumbled upon my blog along the way, I appreciate each and every one of you. The thing that makes blogging worthwhile is the ability to connect with readers. I love receiving your comments, emails (even though sometimes it takes me too long to respond! ;)), tweets and facebook messages. It seriously makes all of the time and effort that I put into the blog worthwhile when I get to answer questions about everything from running to yoga to overnight oats to career changes…and everything in between! And hearing your stories about how you’ve conquered your first 5K, braved your first yoga class or tried a new food for the first time is really fun.
It’s been a pretty monumental year for me with more change than I have ever experienced before in my life. This time last year I had just finished yoga teacher training and was still in the working in advertising and trying to figure out how exactly I could pull off a transition to following my passion and pursuing fitness full-time.
Well, here I am one year later and everything about how I live my life and how I work is different. I started teaching yoga last April, passed my personal trainer certification in August and left advertising in September. I started out with a mix of jobs teaching yoga and training clients all over town before finally accepting a position at Metro Fitness Club as general manager. I love that my new role offers more stability and the opportunity for me to learn the business side of the fitness industry while still allowing me flexibility and to do the things I love, teaching classes and training clients.
Now for the fun part of the post! As a thank you for being amazing readers, it’s giveaway time! It’s been a while since I’ve done a giveaway so I think this is a fitting occasion. Here’s what I’m sending the winner.
1) Meditations from the Mat by Rolf Gates – whether you are a yogi or not, I this book contains some valuable life lessons and perspective. It’s set up in the form of short daily readings that you ideally read every day for a year but I just kind of pick and choose based on what I “need” at the moment. I have leaned heavily on it since receiving it serval months ago and often read passages from it to my classes.
2) A CD DJ’d by yours truly with a selection of my most favorite workout/running tunes.
3) A Lululemon Slipless Headband in the color of your choice.
4) Justin’s Maple Almond Butter – because I’m just obsessed and so many of you have asked about it.
5) And it wouldn’t be a PBR giveaway without a batch of Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars or another baked good of your choice. Just let me know what you want!
You can enter one of two ways. Option one is to tell me one thing that’s changed in your life over the past year. Anything from job to family to health…whatever! Option two is to give me a topic idea for something you want to see on PBR…anything you’d be interested in reading about in a future post.
Giveaway open to U.S. residents only and you have until midnight on Wednesday to enter.
Have a great week and thank you, thank you, thank you for reading!