Happy weekend! I am popping in with a lighthearted Saturday morning post. My friend Teri at A Foodie Stays Fit shared this little getting to know me quiz last week and I thought it would be a nice thing to share with you guys, especially for my newer readers.
1. What brings you the greatest joy? Visiting my family, time with my friends and being at home with Tanner and the pups. Also, teaching yoga. It is my favorite thing to do and I can’t even explain to you how much joy it brings me.
2. What are your vices? Wine. I also have a pretty fierce sweet tooth but mostly I’d say wine!
3. What is on your nightstand? Books: The Sound of Glass, Girl Code, The Four Desires, The Art of Asking, Rising Strong and A New Earth. A photo of me and my friend Lina at her wedding in the Dominican Republic and a photo of my grandmother and me. A candle. A journal. iPhone charger. Bottle of water. I cannot go to bed without water on my bedside table. I usually have 2-3 glasses of water that accumulate and it drives Tanner crazy! 🙂
4. Do you have a secret talent? Not secret but cooking and baking. I love it so much. (So much that my first blog was a food blog…flash back to Bakin’ and Eggs!)
5. What is your greatest indulgence? At this point in life I’d have to say things like regular facials, brow waxing, mani/pedis, cut and color and massages.
6. What should everyone try at least once in their life? Owning a pet and traveling out of the country. These two things have been incredibly eye- and heart-opening for me.
7. What makes you laugh? Zoey. Every single day. This girl is hysterical. Also, joking with Tanner about what Zoey is thinking. We have a voice for her and narrate what is going on in her puppy mind.
8. What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you? I feel things really deeply. I have always been very sensitive of both my emotions and the energies and emotions of others. Example: I can’t walk into an airport without welling up with tears as I see and feel all of the hellos and goodbyes taking place all around me. I think this is a key reason why I’ve been able to connect with my students as a yoga teacher. I truly feel like I can read the energy of a room and sometimes I find myself messaging about things without even knowing why I am going there…I just know I need to say it.
9. What is on your bucket list? MORE TRAVEL…including travel teaching. I want Charlotte to be my home base but I want to get out of here and connect with others around the world.
10. What is on your feet right now? Nothing! One of the perks about being a yoga teacher and working from home is that you spend a lot of time barefoot! (Flashback to the “Why I gave up high heels post” I wrote during my office job days.)
11. How did you make your first dollar? Babysitting for a family down the street. They had three little ones that I would watch from time-to-time. I also washed their dishes while I was there because I’d always show up to find a sink full of dishes. My mom and dad have always been “no dishes left in the sink…wash it or put it in the dishwasher” kind of people so I guess I thought I was “extra helping” when I did the dishes on the job. Ha.
12. What superstition do you believe in? That bad things happen in threes. This is one my grandmother has said for as long as I can remember and I SWEAR it’s true!
13. What items in your closet do you wear the most? Sadly, all things athletic wear. I have the hardest time getting dressed in “normal clothes” these days. I need a style refresh something serious!
14. What is the best gift you’ve ever received? A gratitude journal. Someone I mentored that became a dear friend wrote me a daily gratitude journal for 100 days and gave it to me as a surprise on a random March day in 2015. It was seriously the most thoughtful and kind gift ever.
15. What is on your liquor shelf? We don’t drink a lot of liquor but I have been loving a weekend vodka tonic this summer. We also keep a nice bottle of tequila, rum and mixers most of the time.
16. What is on your kitchen counter? VitaMix, Nespresso, KitchenAid coffee maker, fruit bowl, Amazon Echo, microwave and knife block. Also, lots of chargers and cords. One of my friends just renovated her house and has a “charging drawer” in her kitchen and I’m so jealous of it! I would love to get that clutter off the counter.
17. What would you never leave home without? Goes without saying, right? iPhone, keys and wallet. Also, this is cheesy but gratitude. I really try not to dread whatever is in front of me when I walk out the door.
What is the best gift you’ve ever received?
What is your greatest vice?
What is your greatest indulgence?