Good morning! You know how life seems to ebb and flow? There are good times, bad times and a lot of mundane in between. Over the last few weeks I’ve come to realize that I’m smack in the middle of one of those good times and feeling a deeper sense of peace and ease right now than I’ve felt in all of 2016. Nothing super special has happened but things just seem to be coming together in all the right ways on both a personal and professional level. And for that I feel really grateful.
I am also grateful for all of you. Thank you for reading and for sharing your comments on yesterday’s post. They were heartfelt and wonderful. I’ve also loved connecting with so many of you through the online half marathon training group. We ended up with almost 450 runners from all backgrounds and walks of life and it’s pretty cool to see everyone come together on a shared goal.
I didn’t intend to start today’s post on such a sappy note but I just wanted to share what was on my heart. <3
Now, let’s talk breakfast! I was browsing through my TimeHop this morning and saw that one year ago today I posted a big bowl of oatmeal. I realized that I haven’t eaten oatmeal since pre-Whole30 so I decided today was the day. It’s also the last day of August so I decided to bring together summer and fall with our oatmeal. We’re enjoying the last of South Carolina peach season and they’ve been big, juicy and sweet lately.
I made peaches and cream oatmeal with chia seeds and egg whites and sweetened with mashed banana…no sugar added!
I mashed a banana and put it in a saucepan with coconut oil, raisins and peaches and then added all the other stuff. Here is the recipe for two servings.
Peaches & Cream Egg White OatmealPrint
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 large peach or two small peaches, half diced and half sliced and set aside
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash of salt
- 1 cup of gluten-free oats
- 1 cup of dairy-free milk (coconut, almond, soy, whatever)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 egg white
- Place mashed banana in pan with coconut oil over medium low heat and continue to mash and stir until it’s broken down into more of a gooey paste than chunks of banana. Add raisins, cinnamon and peaches and stir to combine.
- Add oats, milk, water, salt and chia seeds and cook over low heat for about 5-7 minutes or until mixture has thickened. Slowly incorporate egg white, stirring vigorously as you add it.
- Divide into two bowls and top with nut butter of choice and sliced peaches.