Good morning! Wednesday mornings are one of my favorites of the week because I don’t teach until 10:30 a.m. It’s so nice to sleep in a bit and then spend a few quiet hours working while I sip on my coffee…especially since Tuesdays tend to be a little jam-packed. Yesterday was no exception and I ended up teaching four classes instead of my usual three. Tanner got sick in the middle of teaching his morning class (luckily there was another teacher taking class that could jump in and finish) so I covered his evening class. Happy to report he is feeling better now…we have no idea what happened to make him sick so suddenly! I’m also feeling better. My cough is finally starting to break up and I feel a lot more energetic.
I wanted to catch you guys up on two things that I’m and just chat this morning.
I am so excited to share that I’m finally doing my prenatal yoga teacher training. It’s June 2-4 with Amani Murray at Enlighten Yoga.
How awesome is this course syllabus?
Studies will include exploration of the anatomy and physiology of each trimester and modifications to ensure an individualized and experience for each mama, including postnatal students.
- Appropriate yoga postures and modifications for each trimester
- Anatomy of pregnancy
- Study of the pelvis and pelvic floor structure
- Pranayama techniques
- Common complaints and discomforts of pregnancy
- Discussion of the medical model of prenatal care vs the midwife model
- Postpartum recovery
- Sequencing for Prenatal Yoga
- Ayurvedic theory and energetics regarding monthly cycles, infertility, and pregnancy
This has been on my bucket list for years and I can’t wait to spend a weekend learning. Amani is a mother of four and currently pregnant with her fifth. She is an absolute wealth of knowledge and I know I’ll take so much away from this to share with my clients, students and readers. If you want to join me…here are all the details! You can follow Amani on Facebook and Instagram.
We’re going to Europe! My dear friend Lina and her family moved to Brussels back in December for her husband’s job. She’s been asking me to visit (twist my arm) so one day I looked at flights and booked a trip for my birthday week. We are super excited but I would love your help!
- We’re thinking we’re going to day trip to Bruges, possible day trip to Paris and a possible overnight in Amsterdam. Any and all suggestions for one-day kind of trips are welcome as well as Amsterdam accommodations.
- The weather in Brussels is kind of all over the map and June is one of the rainiest times of the year. Lina said, “no shorts or sandals.” Any recommendations for your favorite travel layering pieces?
- Shoes…help me! Any favorite somewhat stylish/attractive flats that are comfortable for tons of walking that are not tennis shoes? Lina said, “tennis shoes only if you’re going for a run or to the gym.” Ha! 😉
That’s all for now! I’ll be back later with a Memorial Day recipe round up. Have a good day.