I receive a lot of questions about maternity activewear and my response is always that I haven’t bought any maternity-specific workout apparel. I have been able to more than get by with leggings, shorts, bras and tops that I already own in addition to adding a few extra pieces sized-up to my collection. The majority of my must-haves for pregnancy are Lululemon so I thought it would be helpful to share them!
I’m pretty lucky to spend most of my days in activewear. It’s pretty much my standard uniform given my career teaching yoga, running a yoga studio and writing a health blog. 🙂 I consider myself fortunate that I haven’t had to spend a lot of money on maternity clothing given that I haven’t had to get dressed to go into an office. I can only imagine that is a challenge!
That said, I know that MANY of you also appreciate the comfort of athleisure and I think you’ll love these Lululemon picks. They’ve worked great for me for everything from runs to gym workouts to yoga practices to daily leisure. And if you’re NOT pregnant, don’t worry! None of these picks are maternity-specific and they are standard uniform for me when I’m NOT pregnant too!
MY LULULEMON MUST-HAVES FOR PREGNANCY: BRAS, TANKS, TOPS
Clockwise from top left…
- Cool Racerback Tank: I can’t sing the praises of this tank enough. It’s so comfortable and plenty long enough to cover the bump. I’m still wearing this tank at 39 weeks. I’ve been able to wear it in my normal size and one size up throughout all of pregnancy.
- Swiftly Tech Short Sleeve Crew: this is the short sleeve version of my most favorite long sleeve Lululemon shirt ever that you’ll see below. It’s a great T option for summer that is long and stretchy. I recommend sizing up in this one. I even like the sized-up when I’m not pregnant just for a little extra room and comfort.
- Essential Tank: this is a great option if you’re looking for something with a looser fit. I also like to tie it off at the side to hug the bump. I wear this in my normal size.
- Power Y Tank: if you’re looking for a tank with a built-in bra, this is a good option. It’s plenty long enough to cover the bump BUT one caveat is that if you’re feeling a little busty in the chest area due to pregnancy hormones, you might want to take a pass on this tank. It doesn’t offer a ton of support. I’ve worn this in my regular size and one size up.
- Free to be Wild Bra: I can’t sing the praises of this bra enough. I have no fewer than six of them. It’s so comfortable and looks great layered under tanks. You’ll definitely want to size up for pregnancy.
- Blissful Zen Wrap: I can’t tell you how many times I’ve layered comfy wraps/cardigans over maternity tanks and Lulu tanks during pregnancy. This one is a great one to add to your collection!
- Swiftly Long Sleeve Tech Crew: this is one of my top Lulu picks of all time. I have so many of these long sleeved shirts and they are crazy comfortable. I love them for running, dog walking, errand running…you name it! They’re great for pregnancy because they’re long and stretchy. I can wear this top in my normal size but prefer it sized up for pregnancy.
- Define Jacket: if you need a lightweight layering jacket, the Define Jacket is perfectly stretchy for pregnancy and a nice length to cover the bump late into pregnancy. I would size up here.
- Free to Be Serene Bra: this bra gives you a fun strappy back but offers more coverage in the front than the Free to Be Wild Bra. If you need a little more support and coverage, go with the Serene. Size up for pregnancy.
MY LULULEMON MUST-HAVES FOR PREGNANCY: SHORTS, CROPS, PANTS
Clockwise from top left:
- Wunder Under Hi-Rise Crops: you just can’t go wrong with Wunder Unders. They are Lululemons signature pants and I love my crops for daily wear. I have been able to wear these in both my normal size and sized-up during pregnancy. I also like the non-hi-rise if you’re more comfortable with something sitting under your bump.
- Speed Up Shorts: these are nice for running and will sit under your bump comfortably. Definitely size up and note that they are also available in a longer length.
- Align Crops: if you do one thing, whether you’re pregnant or not, PLEASE BUY THE ALIGN CROPS OR PANTS. You guys, I cannot even begin to express to you how comfortable these crops are. I wear them almost every single day. They have been a godsend in pregnancy. The Align crops and pants feature Lululemon’s “naked” feel and are so buttery soft…but not see through! The girls at Lululemon told me that they are their “unofficial maternity pants” because so many pregnant mamas love them.
- Align Pants: here is the longer ankle-length pant fit for the Align.
- Hotty Hot Shorts: I am a huge fan of Lululemon’s Hotty Hot Short. I find that they run big so when I’m not pregnant, I size down. In pregnancy I have worn what would be my regular size in Lulu. These are also available in a longer length.
- Wunder Under Hi-Rise Pants: confession…I never bought maternity jeans! I got buy with some stretchy jeggings and black Lululemon Wunder Under Pants. I can’t tell you how many times during the cooler months that I wore these with boots and long sweaters/tops. Note, these are a lot longer than the Align pants and mine hook under my heels. (I’m also a shorty!) I can wear these in my normal size and sized up. Here’s the non-hi-rise fit.
(Photo Scott Broome Photography)
I hope you guys have found this post useful! Like I said, these are all Lululemon favorites that I know I will continue to wear and love throughout my postpartum period as well. I can personally vouch that everything you will find here is so comfy as well as very functional! And if you do size-up for pregnancy and then find yourself with Lulu that’s a little too big, I’ve found that gently-worn Lululemon sells extremely well online! Just an FYI.
What are your Lululemon must-haves?
Have you experienced the life-changing amazingness of the Align pants?
This post contains affiliate links for which I receive a small commission for the recommendations that I make. Thank you for trusting my suggestions and input! xx