This post is not sponsored but includes affiliate links.
Not sure what happened but as soon as I had Finn, I found myself wanting to wear sneakers all the time, even through that first hot summer when he was a newborn. They are just so comfortable, functional and dare I say…practical? (Really sounding like a mom now.)
I wear sneakers for travel, errand running, pediatrician appointments, grocery shopping, trips to the library, play dates, walks…the list goes on and on. I also appreciate them even MORE now that I am down a toenail on my left foot…haha.
(Also a big fan of hats…lifesaver for unwashed/unstyled hair and dark under eye circles.)
My closet is packed with an embarrassing number of sneakers of varying types…casual, running, training, etc. I honestly have so many more pairs of sneakers than I do casual or dress shoes/boots/sandals. For the record, one type of sneakers you will NOT find in my closet is the crazy expensive trendy ones like Golden Goose. Not judging anyone who does but I can’t justify dropping that kind of money on shoes, and I lean towards a shoe that I can wear out to run errands and then on the trail walking without having to change.
I get asked about my favorite shoes frequently so for this post I am doing a big round up of the shoes that I wear ALL the time. I 100% assure you that I have worn every pair featured here over and over again. You can tell because some of them look pretty beat up in the photo below!
MY FAVORITE SNEAKERS FOR #MOMLIFE
Top row, left to right:
- ADIDAS Pure Boost X – Ahhhh…I am so obsessed with this shoe and it’s now so hard to find. I was given these shoes when I presented at Wanderlust last year. I initially thought “yeah, right” with white shoes but they have become my absolute favorites. They are crazy comfortable and durable. I’ve washed them at least 10 times. The upper and toe box are soft and stretch and it has this cool arch feature that “hugs” your foot. They are different than any other sneaker I own and I just love them. I wear them for everything from teaching classes to casual around town. These seem similar, as do these (much more reasonably priced).
- ASICS GEL-DS Trainer 24 – I like these shoes for teaching group fitness/training. They are technically running shoes but I don’t prefer them for running. They are lightweight and I really like the mesh upper for comfort. The multicolor design is fun and matches a ton of different things.
- NIKE Flex Supreme TR5 Training – I need an all black pair of shoes for teaching and photoshoots so these fit the bill perfectly. They’re a cross training shoe and perfect for strength/gym/hiit workouts.
Second row, left to right:
- ASICS GT-2000 – I got these through a partnership with Zappos and I like them a lot for a more supportive running shoe option. I also wear them for many of our trail walks.
- Newton Fate – my FAVORITE running shoe of all time. Tons of details on why in this post.
- Reebok Flexagon – I got these shoes at the Reebok outlet and I can’t find the link to exact same shoes but these are close and I love the integration of violet in with the gray. I bought these shoes solely to have a gray casual shoe for everyday. I don’t workout in them.
Third row, left to right:
- Under Armour HOVR Sonic – I received these shoes from Under Armour a couple of years ago and I have worn them out! I can’t tell you how many compliments I’ve received on them. They’re also so versatile for everything from running to workout to travel to errand running. They’re not available through UA any longer but I think I’m going to take advantage of these good deals on Amazon and order some!
- Under Armour Street Precision Low Lux – I received these from Under Armour when I went on that awesome trip to Portland for Firsts Never Stop. These are fun, casual suede shoes and I always get asked about them when I wear them. Again, not available via UA any longer but you can find them on Amazon.
- Merrell Trail Glove Knit 4 – these were my first slip on sneakers in a very long time and boy are they comfortable. They’re also part of Merrell’s barefoot line, which offers minimalist trail running shoes with a zero-drop experience. Really, really like these shoes for trail walks and wearing around. I don’t run in them.
My friend The Fitnessista is the queen of the sneaky giveaway so I’m jumping on her wagon today. In writing this post I had the sinking realization that I never announced a giveaway winner for my Newton Fate 5 giveaway BACK IN JUNE! Right after I announced the giveaway I had to put Sullie down and I think I just completely blanked on it. 🙁
SO…the winner of that giveaway was comment #131 Hillary. I have emailed her to let her know that she won!
And to make it up to you, I’m hosting a personal giveaway for a $50 Zappos gift card to go towards a new pair of kicks of your choosing!
If you want to enter, just leave a comment below telling me what your go-to casual shoes are and I’ll announce a winner on Monday! (If I don’t you have my permission to hound me about it!)