Did you know that it’s National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day? This is a day I’ve been celebrating since back in 2012!
I thought it would be fun to do a round up of some of my favorite things peanut butter related.
3 FAVORITE PLAIN PEANUT BUTTERS
When it comes to plain old peanut butter, I’m a simple girl. I’m looking for two ingredients: peanuts and salt. Unsalted peanut butter is a no go for me. I love that slightly salty taste to balance out the sweet roasted peanuts. As far as texture goes, it must be spreadable and the runnier the better!
1) Trader Joe’s Salted Crunchy and Creamy Natural Peanut Butter – the saltiest of them all and also the runniest/drippiest.
2) Whole Foods 365 Crunchy and Creamy Natural Peanut Butter – I love the bigger bulk size that you can get these jars in. They are easy to stir and taste great.
3) Smucker’s All Natural Peanut Butter – this may catch you buy surprise but this is my go-to when I’m traveling and have no access to Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods or a store with “fancy” nut butters. It’s got my two key ingredients, peanuts and salt, and a nice thick but still spreadable texture.
3 FAVORITE FLAVORED PEANUT BUTTERS
I will pick regular peanut butter over flavored any day of the week but I do mix it up on occasion. When I do, here are some of my favorites.
1) Wild Friends Peanut Butter – if I had to choose just one, I’d have to go with their seasonal Pumpkin Spice but I love them all so much! Especially the Honey Pretzel, Cinnamon Raisin and Chocolate Coconut.
2) Nut Butter Nation Honey Vanilla – I first discovered this peanut butter when the brand sent me samples and after tasting the Honey Vanilla I basically told my fiance, “hands off! It’s mine!” Their Brown Sugar Cinnamon also deserves a mention and also to be noted is that they meet my texture criteria.
3) Peanut Butter & Co. White Chocolate Wonderful – while I do love Dark Chocolate Dreams, White Chocolate Wonderful really has my heart. It’s my favorite thicker texture peanut butter.
3 FAVORITE HEALTHY PEANUT BUTTER RECIPES
I like to try to incorporate peanut butter into as many things that I bake and cook as possible. Here’s the healthier stuff.
1) Peanut Butter Chia Seed Granola – this (seriously) addictive granola has become a favorite among many of you too!
2) Easy and Healthy Homemade Granola Bars – lots of peanut butter, dates, honey, seeds, nuts and dried fruit go into these amazing bars!
3) Peanut Butter and Banana Muffins – Big, soft, fluffy muffins with just the right balance of peanut butter and banana flavor. They come in at under 200 calories per muffin.
3 FAVORITE PEANUT BUTTER DESSERT RECIPES
And here are my slightly more indulgent selections.
1) Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies – just five ingredients and gluten-free. Warning: you can’t eat just one.
2) Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars – Fun story. Back in the early days I used to bake these bars and send them off to readers as a giveaway prize. 🙂 They are one of my favorite dessert recipes of all-time and have become a favorite of so many friends as well.
3) Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies – these are great cookies to package up and give as gifts. They’re big and fluffy but still soft and chewy in the middle. They’re pretty sturdy and hold up well for transport.
ALL-TIME FAVORITE SAVORY PEANUT BUTTER RECIPE
Like I said, I like to find a way to include peanut butter into as many things as possible so I made a killer pad thai sauce with it!
Homemade Pad Thai – I love that this recipe has made homemade Thai food accessible for so many of you for the first time! The sauce is easy and addictive. This is probably one of my most Pinned recipes ever!
I’d love to hear your peanut butter favorites! Share any of the categories above…favorite plain PB, favorite flavored, favorite healthy recipe, favorite PB dessert or favorite savory use of PB!