I think it’s nice that August 1 happened to fall on a Monday. Once the initial shock of my alarm going off at 5 a.m. after three mornings of sleeping until almost 9 wore off, I found myself full of smiles and energy (only partly credited to multiple cups of coffee) thanks to the arrival of a new month and a fresh start.
Today on the Peanut Butter Runner Facebook page I asked for responses on “one thing I want to accomplish in August” and got all kinds of great answers. From first time 5Ks and marathons to bread baking to yoga…I love to hear about all of the awesome things you guys are doing. Check it out and let me know what you want to accomplish this month!
And keeping with the theme of new, I taught BodyPump 78 for the first time in my 6 a.m. class. (We were really late launching the new release.) My assessment? It’s a solid release with a few shining stars.
- The three BIG sets of work in the squat track and the focus on singles. Love squat tracks that send your heart rate way up!
- The focus on clean and press rather than dead rows in the back/hamstrings track. Tons of four in a row clean and press = lots of intensity.
- The SIX MINUTE lunge track full of squats and lunges with very little recovery time that left my legs screaming for mercy.
- The ab track with the new innovation of having your heels on the step that had my entire abdominal wall burning by the end.
Not so much a fan:
- One thing I miss in this release is pushups. None in chest or triceps and only four slow ones in shoulders.
- I’m not sure how I feel about the “Africa” song for shoulders that has a very tribal sound…elephant noises and all…hmmm…
- The chest music was recycled from an old release where it was also used for chest (Sweet Child of Mine) – edited to add that I like the song and the work, it’s challenging for sure…just hate that they recycled a song like that.
- Need a little more “oomph” from the tricep track. A short amount of bar work and it ends with kickbacks and there weren’t enough for me to really feel muscle burnout.
- Did I mention that I miss pushups!? 😉
Although it’s not my favorite of recent releases, I’m looking forward to teaching it for the next couple weeks! BodyPumpers – what do you think of BodyPump 78?
Well, I couldn’t eat fried seafood and ice cream and drink beergaritas every day forever so it was back to regularly scheduled eats today. Breakfast was overnight oats after BodyPump and then Brandon and I picked up sandwiches from Which Wich on the way home for lunch.
I had avocado, tomato and hummus on wheat. Love their sandwiches!
I taught yoga after work and then had another commitment so I didn’t get home until almost 9. Brandon offered to take care of dinner.
He grilled kebabs…chicken for him and tempeh marinated in teriyaki for me.
I made a salad on the side with all sorts of fridge and pantry goodies.
A staple of kebab night is an assortment of sauces. The peach slow burn hot sauce is so good…especially mixed with barbecue.
And that’s all I’ve got for you. I hope your August is off to an amazing start!