We are having so much fun watching the Olympics this summer. It’s been so exciting to watch Team USA dominating gymnastics and swimming. As those events come to a close, we are looking forward to shifting our focus to the track and field events. I don’t know about you but watching all of these amazing Olympic athletes puts a little extra fire behind my workout motivation so I created a Track & Field Inspired Running & Bodyweight Track Workout so we can all find our inner Olympian. 🙂
I took my workout to the track this weekend for some sprints and bodyweight circuits. It was a sweaty fun time and I felt especially Team USA in my new 2XU compression tights.
Track & Field Inspired Sprint & Bodyweight Track Workout
The workout features a descending distance track sprints (or runs) with a bodyweight circuit between each.
Note: it’s super important to stretch before sprints and make sure to have water on hand because tracks tend to be in direct sunlight without much shade.
Here are the movements featured in the bodyweight circuit.
- Feet slightly wider than hip distance
- Weight in the heels
- Chest up
- Strong core
- Drive your butt back and down trying to squat to parallel or just below
- Be careful not to let your knees cave in
If there is a bench at the track, I recommend placing your hands on the bench and your feet on the ground. I find this really helps with getting proper depth in your push up while still staying on the toes.
- Straight line head to heels
- Strong core
- As you lower send elbows both back and out a bit and not just straight out to the sides. You want them squeezing in a bit.
- Gaze slightly forward and not back at your navel or toes
- Bend elbows to 90 degrees and push back up to straighten
- Stance is about hip-distance apart
- Front knee lines up above the front ankle
- Don’t let the front knee cave in
- Keep shoulders stacked over hips and avoid the temptation to lean forward, especially as you fatigue
- Be sure to engage glutes and keep core engaged
- Knees can be bent (easier) or legs out straight (harder)
- Keep your hips super close to the bench
- Bend elbows to 90 degrees and send them straight back behind you
- Keep chest up and shoulders back
I won’t go through the plank because we’ve done a lot of planking around here over the years. I trust you guys have got it! 😉
And then take off on your run. My goal for you is that you get faster and faster with each run as the distance shortens. I want you to really push it on the run. This isn’t a jog around the track. It’ll feel so good you’ll probably be smiling like I am in the picture. (Kidding, you’ll probably be cursing me. xoxo)
I received these awesome 2XU patriotic compression leggings as part of a recent Go For The Gold BabbleBoxx. Compression leggings help promote blood flow and reduce muscle soreness. You can get 20% off your 2XU purchase with code 2XU20.
There were a few other fun things included in the box that I’m excited to share.
This red, white and blue Casio Baby-G watch is so sweet and I love the red, white and blue color-blocking. It’s cute but also super functional with water and shock resistance, LED light, world time, stopwatch, countdown timer and multiple alarms.
I took this paper-based JUST water with me to the track. The paper bottle is made from 83% renewable resources that results in a significant reduction in CO2 emissions compared to traditional plastic bottles. The water is sourced from the Glen Falls watershed in Upstate New York. My favorite thing about the JUST water is that an ethical trade revenue partnership with the city of Glen Falls is revitalizing the local community by paying 6x the municipal rate for access to less than 3% of its excess water.
The water is available nationally and jus $0.99!
If you need something to get you feeling energized to tackle this track workout check out this new True Athlete Energized Training Formula from Vitamin Shoppe. It’s designed for endurance and performance and energy support and contains creatine, arginine and beta-alanine along with caffeine and AstraGin, which is produced from ginseng and astragalus and designed to improve absorption of amino acids, glucose, vitamins and other nutrients.
True Athlete contains no artificial colors, flavors or sweeteners and is free of banned substances NSF Certified for Sport. (You know in case we get tested for doping or anything. Ha!) I’ve never really used a pre-workout so I’m excited to give this a go!
And if you need a little pampering after your sweating, check out this fun portable 5-step facial kit from PurpleTale that lets you pamper your skin at home or on the go without the cost or time of going to a spa. It’s just $7.99.
Here are the steps…
- Cleanse – lather foam cleanser in hands and wash face and neck. Rinse and gently pat dry.
- Treat – apply a thin layer of ampoule to face and neck and wait for the product to sink in.
- Pamper – peel away protective film on one side, place the mask on face and then peel away the other protective film. Leave on face for at least 20 minutes. Remove when ready.
- Moisturize – dab facial cream on face and apply evenly.
- Nourish- massage neck cream onto neck with an upward motion.
I brought it with me for a some special pampering on our mountain vacation.
I really hope you try out this workout because it’s a good one! Also, I hope you enjoyed learning about a few new products. They were fun for me to test out!
GIVEAWAY! Tell me what your favorite Olympic sport to watch is and be entered for a chance to win the True Athlete Energized Training Formula.
This post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx.com on behalf of Single Edition Media.