Happy weekend and happy game day! The SEC kicks off our conference football season today and I can’t wait to watch my Dawgs play this afternoon! Even though football season is all kinds of weird this year, it’s still so nice to have it on TV again. Fall must have football to feel like fall. 🙂
Some recent eats for you, followed by some fall recipe inspiration.
Plain full-fat greek yogurt, honey, bananas, raspberries, blueberries, dried cranberries, Purely Elizabeth granola and Wild Friends Peanut Butter.
Cottage cheese scrambled eggs, half of a Dave’s Killer Cinnamon Raisin Bagel with butter and cream cheese and berries.
This was a delicious warm bowl combination. Mashed sweet potato, shredded roast chicken thighs, half an avocado, sautéed spinach and hummus. Highly recommend.
This was more snack than lunch but a great combination that really held me through until dinner. Hardboiled egg, half an avocado mashed, cheddar cheese and crackers. Waterloo is my favorite sparkling water!
Lots of salads happening around here. Chopped romaine, tomatoes, carrots, toasted pecans, fresh mozzarella and Trader Joe’s gluten-free chicken nuggets with ranch dressing.
Thai delivery. Chicken pad Thai and fresh rolls. I ordered from a new place and it was not my favorite…but at least I didn’t have to cook! 🙂
Another salad. Same as the previous but add avocado and sub Trader Joe’s breaded cod for the chicken.
Beef, brussels sprouts and eggplant stir fry over steamed rice. I made a quick stir fry sauce with honey, chicken stock, soy sauce, fish sauce, white wine vinegar (would have used rice wine vinegar if I had it) and a little cornstarch and added it to the pan with the beef, brussels and eggplant towards the end of cooking. Super simple.
Finally, Dorie came over one night after Finn went down and we had kale caesar salads with avocado and tomatoes and salmon on top.
FALL RECIPE INSPIRATION
I’ll start with some of my recipes first! Here’s an old post with five of my favorite fall recipes. While these might be from the archives, they are definitely worth trying out!
Some more recent fall favorites:
- Apple Cinnamon Crumb Muffins
- Warming Lentil and Sweet Potato Soup
- Simple Chicken, Sweet Potato and Black Bean Chili
- Pumpkin Apple Bread
- Soft and Caky Pumpkin Muffins with Dates and Nuts
- Apple Pie Bars
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Banana Muffins
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars
- Brussels sprout and Kale Salad with Butternut Squash, Pears, Goat Cheese and Balsamic Date Vinaigrette
And some inspiration from around the internet:
- 39 Best Acorn Squash Recipes to Try Now (epicurious)
- Chicken and Pumpkin Dumplings (Joy the Baker)
- Easy Cheesy Crock Pot Chicken Corn Chili (Peanut Butter Fingers)
- Coconut Milk Braised Chicken (Bon Appetit)
- Comforting Pumpkin Quinoa (Fannetastic Food)
- Golden Milk Latte (Fitnessista)
- Chai-Spiced Turmeric Smoothie Bowl (Cotter Crunch)
- Sweet Potato Bisque (Rebelle Kitchen)
- Braised Chicken with Apples and Sage (epicurious)
- 5 Ingredient Pumpkin Alfredo (Pinch of Yum
I’d love for you to share links to your favorite fall recipes or fall recipes that are on your inspiration list!