Sullie and I are up and at ’em. My Thursday is jam-packed so I’m taking advantage of the early morning hours to get some computer work done before it’s go, go, go for the rest of the day. I’m hoping to brave the 28 degree temperatures to get a quick run in if I can finish this post in time.
So, you know how some survey/chain posts seem to circulate the blog-world? I was tagged by several blog friends to participate in this “11 Things” post that’s been popular recently. Technically, you’re supposed to post 11 random things about yourself, answer 11 questions from the person who tagged you and then create your own list of 11 questions and tag more people. I’ve got to get on with my day so I’m not going to do all that. I’ll just treat you to 11 useless and random facts about me.
Here we go.
1. I have freaky double jointed elbows and I can move them around in strange ways. When I used to cheer I always had to soften my elbows and not lock them out because they looked so weird when they were completely straight.
2. You do not want to sleep in the bed with me. I am a cold-natured person and always freezing but for some reason I get the worst night sweats. I have had them since high school. I will literally soak the sheets. Multiple doctors have looked into this and can’t figure out what causes them. It is terrible. The funny thing is that I’m not even hot when I go to sleep and have to be bundled up under the covers.
3. I turned 13 in Paris on a trip with my grandmother. What an amazing 13th birthday, huh!?
4. When I was growing up I was obsessed with the idea of going to college at Florida State University. Why? I have no idea. Thankfully, my parents mandated that I take advantage of the HOPE scholarship (which provides free tuition to state schools if you maintain a 3.0 or above) and I became a Georgia Bulldog. I can’t imagine it any other way! What was I thinking? FSU? Really!? Go Dawgs!
5. My first car was a 1990 Toyota Celica just like the one in this picture. Flip up lights and everything. Pretty sweet! The first thing I did when I got my car was put a Dave Matthews Band sticker on it. That about sums up my high school days.
6. If I had to pick a favorite ice cream flavor it would be strawberry. 99% of the time I will pick a fruity dessert over chocolate.
7. That said, one of my all-time MOST favorite indulgences is a Reese’s Cup Blizzard. My dad introduced me to these young and I’ve loved them for a special occasion treat ever since. I do have a deep, deep appreciation for the chocolate/peanut butter combination!
8. I started running my senior year of high school because I wanted to try out for college cheerleading and it required completing a timed mile. I hated running when I first started but once I got past being able to run a couple of miles without feeling like I was dying I fell in love with it and kept running as a way to stay in shape in college after I quit cheering. (Random side note…I decided not to go to UGA my freshman year so that I could cheer and went to Georgia College and State University instead. I quickly discovered that competitively cheering in college was not how I wanted to spend the next four years and transferred to UGA my sophomore year. Glad I had the experience but it was not the right thing for me!)
9. When we decided to get a dog, we were between a pug or a golden retriever. Quite a difference, huh? If we went small it was going to be a pug and if we went with big dog it was going to be a golden. Ultimately, I wanted a dog that could run with me so we went with big dog. And I had to include a picture of baby Sullie. It’s just too cute.
10. I could care less about home decor things like decorating, picking out furniture, choosing paint colors, etc. I just don’t have an eye for it and would much rather someone else just decide for me and tell me what looks good! On a similar note, I am NOT a crafty person. Michael’s and Hobby Lobby are pretty much the scariest stores on earth for me.
11. I was a Girl Scout for about 8-9 years and went to camp every summer. I ended up working as a counselor at the camp that I attended the summer after I graduated high school and the summer after my freshman year of college. The fun thing about girl scout camp was that all of the counselors went by made up names. The campers never knew your real name. Mine was “Rah Rah” because I was the cheer girl. Haha. So embarrassing. And now don’t even get me started on the songs…
Enough about me, tell me a useless fact about you.
Happy Thursday! Have a great day!
I have the EXACT same issue with being the coldest person on Earth all day long, going to bed freezing and bundled up, and waking up in a full sweat. What gives?? At least I know I am not alone…
I am the exact same way. It drives me batty. 🙂
we need to figure this out!
I began to deal with nightsweats in my 30’s, not to mention a slight right restless leg. For years, I thought it was related to an imbalance of hormones and thyroid. I saw a Naturopath Doctor this past November, who put me on a homeopathic remedy and natural whole foods supplements. I can say that I have not had a restless leg keeping me up at nights, and may have had one episode of nightsweats since.
Also, want to say I’m so happy to hear that I’m not the only woman on this planet who can care less about decorating a home or has no craft skills. :0). Thanks for sharing!
Love love love this post and the sweet picture of you and baby sullie! Useless fact about me: I can bend all my fingers backwards and touch my wrist…maybe that is more like “freak” fact about me 🙂 Have a great day!!!
haha – that’s awesome. love your freakishly flexible fingers! 😉
I am SO scared of needles! It is ridiculous….it is not even that they hurt, but I get so anxious whenever I have to get a shot and have to pump myself up for it for the entire week before I have a doctor’s appt. Blood work is even worse! We had to get our blood drawn for my husband’s insurance at his work (which I was not told, so didn’t have time to ‘mentally prepare’) and I cried in front of half his coworkers…almost passed out once the bloodwork was over, had to have the icepack on my neck, juice rushed over to me, the whole ordeal…. humiliating!
i am not scared of needles but i get lightheaded ALWAYS when i have to get a lot of bloodwork done or shots. i know it’s totally mental!
#10 – all the way for me. I love HGTV & decorating ideas, but don’t have the creativity myself. I’d much rather have someone else tell me/do it & just let me enjoy watching House Hunters 🙂
i love house hunters too! 🙂
Rah Rah sure beats my name as a GS counselor – Carrot Top. So original with my red hair and all. Of course, it didn’t matter what my name was – I’ll always be remembered as the girl who accidentally flashed everyone at the end of the summer banquet.
love it! 😀
Really random – but we have a golden retriever (her birthday is tomorrow – a big two years!) and she looked exactly like Sullie when she was a puppy!
Oh wow! We have the same life. I went to GCSU my freshman year then transferred to UGA sophomore year. Never thought about being a cheerleader, though. 😉
I, also, was a girl scout forever. I didn’t stop til I had my gold award at age 18. Which camp did you work at?
that’s awesome! when did you graduate?
i worked at camp martha johnston in lizella. middle georgia.
Oh, I never went to that camp. I have been to a ton of Georgia GS Camps, though. I hope I get to be a GS leader someday. 🙂 I just graduated from UGA in May 2011. I still live in Athens and not a day goes by that I don’t wish I was still an undergrad!
“Dry bones sittin’ in the canyon, some of those bones are mine…”
Um, tell me you did that one otherwise that line seems a little creepy…
we didn’t sing that song! 🙂
I sweat at night too! And it’s gross, but my parents said that I have been doing it since I was a baby…
oh crazy! mine started in high school which leads me to believe they are hormonal.
DQ Blizzards are a total road trip indulgence for me. I love that they now have the mini versions so I don’t feel so bad about getting one. It’s the perfect amount!
i love the minis too! they are perfect on road trips. it just seems acceptable for some reason! 😉
I’m the same way. I’m usually ALWAYS freezing, especially right before bed. I bundle up and without fail I wake up so hot. Most of the time my shirt is wet and my hair line — so gross. Actually, when I was younger my mom would come and check on me and found that I took off my shirt in my sleep because I would get so hot.
I graduated from Florida State — Being a Seminole is amazing but I respect the Bulldogs, because I hate UF, ha!
YES! that is what happens to me too.
i hate UF too. booooo gators!
What a small world! I was accepted to FSU but I actually decided against going there because I wasn’t really a fan of the city or campus. Now I go to UCF, but my brother goes to FSU. I was a cheerleader too and hated running when I first started.
love all the random similarities. posts like this are so fun and i love seeing connections to others and learning stuff about y’all!
i love this! all of your comments about cheerleading i can totally relate to — my elbows do the same thing, and i didn’t cheer my senior year in college because it was just too much with competition and games, etc.
i also LOVE blizzards. they are, by far, my favorite dessert!
i was so happy to be done with cheering and to just enjoy college. too much pressure!
blizzards are insanely delicious! 🙂
ah, I just love reading these kinds of posts–it’s so fun to learn more about people.
Oh my gosh, I went to GCSU and then transferred to UGA as well! Too funny! ps-I need a baby Sullie! Sooo cute!
fun! when did you graduate?
I was at GCSU from 2005-2007 and UGA from 2007 to when I graduated (the first time lol) in Fall 2008…I’m back again and graduating (again) this semester!
Totally agree on the Reese’s blizzard, that is one tasty treat!
Useless fact would be that I am awake exactly 10 minutes before my alarm goes off in the morning. The first thing I do now is turn over and check to see how close I am. I’ve actually woken up on days I forgot to set the alarm and was saved by my internal clock. It’s weird!
that is amazing that you are so in tune with your internal clock. i will say though that i have woken up at the time of my alarm on days i forgot to set it too. the subconscious is crazy!
That picture of Sullie is beyond cute…what enormous paws!!
I am also a cold/night sweats person…I hate it. Even worse, changing sheets and making the bed are two of my least favorite things to do, so it really cramps my housekeeping style!
Useless fact: I only had one wisdom tooth. Not just one that had to be removed, but one total.
Have a great Thursday!
gah, i know. when you sweat so much you have to change the sheets frequently! it’s a pain.
that is random that you only grew one wisdom tooth! 🙂
Love this!!!! I think the thing that surprised me most was reading that you’re going running in 28 degree weather 😉
I have the same night sweats, it is beyond embarrassing. I seriously look like I laid in the tub and went straight to the bed.
Seems like the Sullie cuteness started right off the bat 🙂 I want to know the game behind the name!! I always think of the big blue Sullie from Monsters, Inc; haha!
uhhh…definitely didn’t run in 28 degree weather. ended up having time this afternoon and getting a few miles in and it was 47 degrees. much better!
can’t believe how many other people have night sweats!
she’s named after sullivan’s island outside of charleston!
My best friend Jen had the exact same Celica (right down to the color). I used to be amazed at how large the glove compartment was! You could fit anything in that thing. Ah, memories…
haha – loved that car! i don’t remember the glove compartment being really big though. that’s funny!
Cute, fun post Jen. Made me smile. 🙂
I can do some weird elbow things too… maybe I have the same double joints.
Love the old pics. Thanks for sharing!
thanks for tagging me! 🙂
My Harper looks just like Sullie as a pup. So sweet!
golden retriever puppies are the CUTEST! 🙂
It’s our cabin!!! 🙂
I have weird hyper extended elbows too! It was always an issue with cheering and took a while to figure out just how “soft” my elbows had to be. I also cheered my freshman year of college and changed my mind. Definitely a good decision. Love reading all of the random facts! Hope you have a great Thursday!
YES! i was so happy that i did it for one year to get it out of my system but i can’t imagine having done it all four years. too much pressure!
I am with you on #’s 1, 2 6 and 7!
When I was 11 years old, I went to Whiteville NC to stay two weeks with your Mema and Grandfather. It was the week of my birthday and Uncle Bill took me to Myrtle Beach, and we stayed in a hotel for the weekend. It was the very first time that I had ever stayed in a hotel. It was a really big deal for me!
such a fun story. thank you so much for sharing. i’ll have to tell mema! 🙂
1. I cheered for from age 6 to 17 and quit tumbling due to back problems, now I’m terrified to even try a cartwheel when I was doing layouts 5 years ago.
2. I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch 3 times, why they kept hiring me who knows!
3. I watch the shows I’m recording at the same time. Its weird.
This is a great post! I thought I was the only one who hated going to crafty stores. The only thing scarier is baby stores.
Baby Sullie is so cute! We got Murphy from a rescue when he was 2, so I never got to see him as a puppy. I wish I had!
I am so glad you didnt become a FSU girl too! Thank goodness you decided to be a bulldog and became my roomie!
Love the random facts! I grew up with a golden and the baby Sullie pic looks just like mine…ahh goldens are the BEST. hope you had a fab day….was sad to see there was a sub for you in Body Pump last night…wasn’t the same ! 🙁
I too have night sweats! good grief, I hate them! I also can’t believe you do not like decorating and hobbies. The pics of your house are always so pretty.
I, too, think Hobby Lobby is a scary place. I don’t do crafts.
Here is my deal. When I was 29, I weighed 209; I had gained 70 lbs. in 7 years. I knew I was on my way to disaster. So I lost those 70 lbs and have kept it off for 15 years. 😉
Omg maybe this is weird but im so glad to know im not the only sweaty sleeper! I always freeze in bed until i fall asleep but if i wake up to use the bathroom i can feel the sheets are all wet! Yuck i hate getting back in bed after that :(. How weird huh??!
I am a cold-naured person as well and ALSO have really bad night sweats!!! It’s so annoying.
But it’s nice to know I am not alone 🙂
I have a few friends who’s elbows do that as well. Freaky!