Nothing says holiday baking like butter, butter and more butter and I am here today with a recipe for cranberry, white chocolate and pistachio blondies that is buttery, sweet and delicious.
This recipe is festive for the holidays because you have red cranberries, white chocolate chips and green pistachios. I also find these flavors to taste very holiday-esque, especially with the addition of orange zest to the blondie batter.
The batter is straightforward and uncomplicated, and is very similar to a basic cookie dough but with the addition of nuts, fruit and chocolate. I think blondies are even easier to bake than cookies because you get to spread all of the dough into one baking dish instead of shaping individual cookies and working multiple rounds of cookie sheets in and out of the oven.
After a quick 25-30 minute bake in the oven, the blondies come out lightly golden on top, crisp around the edges and gooey in the center.
Each bite gives you the flavors of white chocolate, cranberry, pistachio and orange. The texture of these blondies is soft and chewy, like a cross between a cookie and a brownie…kind of the best of both worlds!
These white chocolate, cranberry and pistachio blondies are a great way to add variety to your holiday cookie lineup! Easy, delicious and crowd-pleasing! Just embrace the butter. 😉
CRANBERRY, WHITE CHOCOLATE AND PISTACHIO BLONDIESPrint
Cranberry, white chocolate and pistachio blondies with a hint of orange. A buttery, sweet and delicious holiday treat!
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
14 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
2 large eggs, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Zest of one orange
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup chopped shelled pistachios (raw or roasted and salted…I like the roasted and salted ones!)
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously butter a 9×13 baking dish.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large bowl using a hand mixer, cream together the butter and sugars on high speed until fluffy and lightened in color. This will take 3-4 minutes.
- Scrape down sides of the bowl. Lower mixer speed to medium and add eggs (one at a time, incorporating after each addition), vanilla extract and orange zest.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, salt, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda.
- Scrape down sides of mixing bowl again and bring mixer to medium-low speed. Slowly add flour mixture, about 1/2 cup at a time. Once all has been added, turn mixer to lowest speed and add cranberries, white chocolate chips and chopped pistachios. Mix only until just combined.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. You want the edges to be set and the top to appear lightly golden. They will still seem slightly underbaked in the middle.
- Let blondies cool completely before slicing into squares.
Keywords: blondies, baking, holiday baking, bar cookies