Cranberry, white chocolate and pistachio blondies with a hint of orange. A buttery, sweet and delicious holiday treat!
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
14 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
2 large eggs, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Zest of one orange
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup chopped shelled pistachios (raw or roasted and salted…I like the roasted and salted ones!)
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously butter a 9×13 baking dish.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large bowl using a hand mixer, cream together the butter and sugars on high speed until fluffy and lightened in color. This will take 3-4 minutes.
- Scrape down sides of the bowl. Lower mixer speed to medium and add eggs (one at a time, incorporating after each addition), vanilla extract and orange zest.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, salt, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda.
- Scrape down sides of mixing bowl again and bring mixer to medium-low speed. Slowly add flour mixture, about 1/2 cup at a time. Once all has been added, turn mixer to lowest speed and add cranberries, white chocolate chips and chopped pistachios. Mix only until just combined.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. You want the edges to be set and the top to appear lightly golden. They will still seem slightly underbaked in the middle.
- Let blondies cool completely before slicing into squares.
Keywords: blondies, baking, holiday baking, bar cookies