I’ve got a bootcamp-style workout to share with you today that’s right around 30 minutes and features bodyweight exercises so it can be done anywhere!
What you’ve got here is 10 movements that will be performed for one minute each, straight through. You’ll take a 1-2 minute break at the end and then do it all over again…two more times! With two, one-minute breaks this is a 32 minute total body workout!
Here’s a video demoing all 10 movements and here are a few notes on the movements.
- The walking lunge/jump lunge combo is two walking lunges followed by three jump lunges so that every time you do a jump lunge combo, you end up stepping the opposite foot forward. If jumping doesn’t work for you, just stick with the walking lunge. No space to walk? Forward or backward stepping lunges in place.
- Plank up and downs can be modified to the knees. So can the push ups.
- No space for broad jumps or bear crawls? Sub jumping jacks, tuck jumps, mountain climbers or more burpees!
- On the tap and reach squats, take the jump out for a lower-impact option.
- Keep your core engaged and low back pulling down towards the hands on the flutter kicks. Don’t strain the low back and look at your toes while you flutter. (And breathe!)
- Lots of burpee scaling is available. You can jump back to high plank instead of going all the way to the belly. You can also step back and step up if you don’t want to jump.
Let me know if you have questions and as always, I love your feedback!
UGH I wish I could go! I’ll be out of town for a wedding. I have no doubt that the boot camp is going to be so fun!
We will miss you! Wish you could be there!
I see a lot of great workouts that require little to no equipment always use tricep dips for the triceps but I have wrist problems (carpal tunnel) and I can’t do them comfortably – any advice?
Do you have a set of dumbbells at home? If so you can put your hands on dumbbells to neutralize the wrists as you do them. You could also do them on a padded surface on your fist instead of palms. You could also sub tricep push ups. Hope that helps!
We actually just were by there the other day and saw this upcoming event!! We want to do it too!
Do it!!! Be sure to register ahead of time because pre-registration is required and it will sell out!
I just listened to a podcast about the November Project (have you heard of it? Started about 6 years ago by two college friends in Boston wanting to get in shape) and this bootcamp seems really similar! I wanted to see if there’s a NP group near CLT but unfortunately there isn’t. I’ll have to check out one of their weekday workouts! Thanks!
Hey Shannon, I have not heard NP but I’ll check it out!
Definitely try out one of the STAX bootcamps. It’s an experience!
I just have a quick questions – can you tell me what program you used to used your video? It’s awesome!
Hi Allie – I made the video on my iPhone and then edited it in iMovie. Thank you!
How exciting! I wish I was in the Charlotte area to participate. It would be so much fun to be a part of the Guinness Book of World Records! Good luck!
I wish you could all come! 🙂
This bootcamp workout you’ve shared sounds fun! One minute seems like a looongggg time to do squat jumps. Eeek! 🙂
May need a break or two for a few seconds thrown in there! 🙂 I purposefully program these to burn you out and then give you relief by either letting you lay down or work another body part!
I just moved to San Francisco and haven’t had time to figure out what I gym I want to join so I did your 1000 rep workout last Friday (only made it 8 rounds) and was so sore ALL weekend and just finished this bootcamp style workout (3 rounds). Thank you so much for posting them, I love (hate) the workout you create! 🙂
This makes me so happy to read! And I hear ya on the love/hate. I saw a funny Pinterest quote that “my only true love/hate relationship is with my trainer.” Hope you’re getting all settled in San Francisco!