After posting about how to menu plan and shop for the week a couple of weeks ago, I thought it might be beneficial for me to share my weekly menu plans with you. I usually menu plan and shop on Sundays but as I discussed yesterday, Sunday was a random one for us this week. Also, I’ve been hitting up the farmer’s market and Great Harvest on Saturdays to stock up on veggies and fresh bread for sandwiches so we start out the week with plenty of fresh lunch and produce options.
Here is this week’s menu…
- Stuffed Shells Arrabbiata – a combination of this Giada recipe that we love and my recipe for Veggie Lasagna Rolls. I’m attempting to make the Giada recipe healthier with the omission of the pancetta, subbing some of the egg yolks for whites, using part-skim ricotta and adding fresh chopped veggies in the ricotta mixture. If it turns out well I will blog about it on Bakin’ and Eggs.
- Mixed baby greens salad with homemade balsamic vinaigrette
- Bread (I cannot feed my husband pasta with red sauce without bread!)
- Lettuce wraps – basing them off of this recipe
- Sushi rice
- Leftovers – Brandon has his bowling league on Wednesdays and usually does not come home for dinner
- Chicken Enchiladas – this recipe from one of my favorite bloggers. It’s one of the most popular recipes on her site. Can’t wait to try it!
- I think we are going to entertain. We are either going to invite Brandon’s parents over for a cook out as a thank you for everything they’ve done for us the past couple months or invite some friends over. We shall see – I need to start planning!
Breakfasts: as you all know, I usually eat oatmeal or yogurt for breakfast and Brandon just drinks a protein shake.
Lunches: turkey sandwiches for Brandon and veggie sandwiches for me. Leftovers for Brandon later in the week from our dinners.
I would love to hear your feedback on posting our weekly menu. Will this be helpful for you guys? Give you ideas/inspiration?