We made it to Friday! While work on the back end has been really busy for the studio and my blog, Charlotte has been really quiet this week. The public schools are on spring break and it seems like half the city is gone on vacation.
Before I dive into a peek into my Whole Foods shopping cart, I wanted to remind you guys that’s I’ll be teaching in Harrisburg, PA at Studio B Power Yoga the weekend of April 28-30. Here’s the schedule…
- Friday, April 28, 6-8pm | Welcome Flow & Discussion
- Saturday, April 29, 9-11am | Backbends & Heart Openers
- Saturday, April 29, 2-4pm | Arm Balances & Inversions
- Saturday, April 29, 4:30-6pm | Yoga for Runners
- Sunday, April 30, 9-10:30am | Master Class
There are only a few spots left for the full weekend but you can also jump into individual classes or workshops. If you live in the Philly/DC/Baltimore area, I’d LOVE to see you there! Get all the details on Studio B’s website.
I ran into Whole Foods yesterday with the intention of “picking up a few things.” Famous last words. Before I knew it my cart was overflowing and my total at checkout was not pretty. I don’t know what it is about the move but I haven’t been able to get my fridge/freezer/pantry feeling like it’s fully stocked since we moved in.
Here’s a look into my cart. It’s a little random!
Lots of stuff for the freezer.
- Frozen brown rice (for lunch bowls)
- Frozen green peas
- Frozen chopped spinach (for when I run out of fresh for smoothies)
- Frozen wild Alaskan salmon
- Frozen strawberries, blueberries, cherries, peaches and raspberries
- Chicken thighs
- Baby spinach
- Strawberries (<– NC berries!)
- Pink lady apples (my fave)
- Sweet potatoes
- Lemon and lime
- Green cauliflower/broccoflower (<– impulse purchase because it was on sale and pretty!)
- Farmhouse Culture Kimchi (<– I am so excited to try this! It was on sale!)
- Roots Mango Sriracha Hummus (<– if you haven’t tried this and you can get it in your area, you must!)
- Cedars Lemon Cayenne Hommus (<– my fave basic hummus flavor to keep in the fridge)
- Chunk white albacore tuna
- Vital Farms Eggs (<– fave store bought eggs…I think they’ll be delicious with the kimchi!)
The things that could have not ended up in my cart…….
- Stacy’s Pita Chips
- Cascadian Farm Honey Almond & Chia Seed Granola
- Glutino crackers (<– my fave even though I don’t do the gluten-free thing)
- Peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter #priorities
- This Jason Rosewater Body Wash smells so lovely and was on big sale.
- Buchi kombucha
- Olive oil
Wrapping it up with a case of La Croix (also on sale) and laundry detergent. I’ve never used the Whole Foods brand of detergent so we’ll see how it goes.
I have to go teach yoga now. I hope you have a wonderful day! 🙂
Any recent new grocery finds to share?
Favorite hummus flavor?
What’s something you sometimes splurge on at the grocery?
I swear you are my hummus spirit animal. The Roots Mango Sriracha is my favorite! I’ll get their Roasted Red Pepper if I’m food shopping somewhere it isn’t carried (cough – Harris Teeter – cough), but it feels like Christmas when I stumble upon Mango Sriracha somewhere. The Cedars Lemon Cayenne sounds awesome, too, because I’m a sucker for anything spicy!
I always buy frozen wild salmon when WF’s has it too. Sadly, whenever I cook frozen fish it’s dry as the desert. Any tips or tricks? (Side note: I’m a horrendous cook)
Trader Joe’s sriracha hummus is SO good … Check it out next time!
I just found Buffalo Milk Ghee at Trader Joe’s and it’s spiced. Can’t wait to sautee vegetables with it. AND I just bought cashew butter and excited to try it as well.
I love the horsey hummus (hummus with horseradish) at Trader Joes! Fabulous with sliced apple. Also the Jason Aloe body wash which I find at Target. Whole Foods is dangerous! I always leave with extra items and much more $$ spent than intended 🙂