I was going to write my final fourth trimester post tonight but there were just too many feels for me to adequately express this ride in a coherent and/or helpful way. Sooooo I’m going to sit with them for a few days and then wrap up the fourth trimester a little later this week.
Instead, how about some diaper bag talk and a diaper bag giveaway? (I know some of you are closing this browser tab in 3…2…1…) But really, this is probably the most “mom” blog post title that I have written thus far. I’ll understand if you want to move along but even if you aren’t a mom of a little, these backpack-style diaper bags are WAY more backpack than diaper bag and you might like checking them out! 😉
PRODUCT OF THE NORTH DIAPER BAGS
The team at Product of the North reached out to me and offered to send me one of their functional but stylish diaper bags. I couldn’t decide between their two backpack offerings…so they sent me both and told me that I could give the other one away to a reader.
- Hands-free magnetized body flap closure
- Laptop compartment
- Removable changing pad
- Internal slip organization pockets
- Internal zipper pocket
- Exterior water bottle pockets
- Large exterior front pocket with removable key fob
The Elkin bag has very similar features but is a little smaller. I decided to go with the bigger Westin bag in anticipation of all the things I might need to carry with me once Finn is a little older!
One thing I love about both of these bags is that they have dedicated laptop compartments. This is a must for me given that I have to squeeze work in whenever I can and essential for travel because I like to pack both of our things in one bag.
I love that Product of the North says that it “isn’t just a name, it is a belief that every baby is a product of heaven, which is why we honor this gift with our brand name, Product of the North.” And I mean it when I say these bags are so not diaper bag. Their website states, “Our focus and vision is to provide quality crafted product that parents can be proud of and continue to use well after their baby is grown and developed. From the humble beginnings of a new parent, to the well adapted mother and father, Product of the North wants to be there to help you along the way.”
WHAT’S IN MY DIAPER BAG
You guys were so helpful in sharing what you carry in your diaper bags that I thought I’d give you a look at what I carry with me!
- Muslin blankets – these are great for everything! I use them as nursing covers, blankets, car seat drapes, changing pads, burp cloths (in a pinch!), etc.
- A clean shirt for mom – because you never know when you’re going to get spit up on! 🙂
- A couple of outfits for Finn – because…blowouts and spit up!
- Little Remedies Gas Drops
- Snack bars for mama
- Soothie pacifiers – these are by FAR Finn’s fave!
- Cloth diaper burp cloths – so absorbent
- Diapers – Pampers seem to fit Finn best. Remember when I said I was going to cloth diaper? Ugh. I’m sad to give up on that goal but I’m trying to choose my battles at the moment.
- Water Wipes – this is 100% my favorite wipe brand
Like I said, I know this will grow with time but we’re able to keep it pretty simple for now!
Want to enter to win the Elkin bag? Leave a comment below telling me about a total “mom moment” that you’ve had. Something that made you think, “wow…I am so a mom now.” Like me writing an enthusiastic post today about diaper bags…haha!
Giveaway closes Friday at midnight EST. U.S. shipping only. One entry per person.