Hi everyone! Time for another “what I bought at the grocery” round-up. This week was unique because it was Whole Foods only with no farmers market supplementation. I didn’t get to go on Saturday because of the cooking competition so I made one big trip on Sunday. We were scraping the bottom of the barrel and this grocery purchase got us restocked and through the week with no additional trips! Win.
Let’s start with the fruits and veggies. On the fruit front…
– Bananas (two bunches…we go through like 15 bananas a week over here!)
– Frozen cherries
– Frozen acai (Which is stupid expensive…$7 for 4 packets. Someone told me to get it at Costco but I haven’t seen it at my local store.)
Veggies. I always try to stock us well because we go through so much of it every week with me cooking at home almost every night.
– Baby spinach (I go through a container this big + some most weeks between salads, smoothies and juicing)
– Baby portobello mushrooms
– Acorn squash (first “fall food” purchase of the year!)
– Lacinto kale
– Purple top turnips
– Sweet potatoes
– Ground turkey
– Tempeh (a wild hair…I haven’t bought any of this since my early “healthy living blog” days when it was all the rage. Anyone else remember that phenomenon?)
– Applegate lemon rosemary deli turkey
– Chicken breasts
– Wild salmon
– Mammoth cheddar (my fave cheddar at WF!)
– Lemon hummus
– Another yummy cheese
– A huge bag of chips and an unpictured bag of pita chips. We are almost through both bags already!
– Black beans
– Chicken broth
This week’s groceries were $137 but I’ve eaten all three meals at home every day this week and we still have more to go so I consider that a win! I am a HUGE fan of trying to do one shopping trip a week when possible. I save so much money this way.
I’ll do a recent eats post soon but here are some of the things I’ve been eating from this grocery trip:
– Green smoothies and acai bowls
– Turkey and avocado wraps
– Pita chips and hummus
– Mexican quinoa
– Salmon baked in parchment with a side salad
– Grilled cheese and fried egg sandwiches
– Thai turkey burgers in kale wraps with roasted sweet potatoes and turnips
One shopping trip or several?
How much do you spend on an average week to feed you, you and your significant other or your family?
Tempeh…yes or no? I’m really wondering if I’m still going to like it or if I was just sucked into the vortex of its popularity years ago. Haha.
Have a great evening!