I just wrapped up my prenatal yoga teacher training weekend and it was such a lovely and enlightening experience. I can’t wait to write all about it in more detail in a post later this week! I’m currently parked in front of the computer with a glass of wine catching up on the internet and blogging. Training weekends are intense in that the days are long and there is a lot of sitting and a lot of information absorbed. I went to the Y once we finished up today to move my body after two days of sitting and then came home and took a hot shower and got in my PJs. I predict I’ll sleep like a rock tonight.
It’s been a few months since I last visited Trader Joe’s. We moved to a spot that’s awkwardly placed between both of our Trader Joe’s and it’s about a 20 minute trip for me in traffic to get to either one. I’m closer to Whole Foods and Harris Teeter so that’s been where I’ve done most of my shopping since we moved. I drove right past our south Charlotte Trader Joe’s on the way home from training last night so I decided I should stop in and stock up on our faves. Clearly, I missed TJs because I did some damage.
I thought it would be fun to show you guys what I bought since “a peek in my grocery cart” posts always seem to be popular…this trip was a good mix of old faves and a few new finds.
I think Trader Joe’s has the best selection of frozen foods of any grocer. Here’s what I came home with…
- Individually packaged brown rice (TJs frozen brown rice is so much better than WF)
- Semi-dried green figs (for smoothies)
- Riced cauliflower
- Stir fry vegetables
- Mushroom medley
- Wild Alaskan salmon
- Harvest Hodgepodge
Fruits and veggies…
- Cruciferous Crunch
- Shaved brussels sprouts
- Rainbow carrots
- Ground turkey
- Chicken breasts
- Chicken tenders
- Spicy Italian chicken sausage
Snacks, nuts and stuff…
- Pitted dates (amazing price on these…I think $2.99…way cheaper than I’ve seen them anywhere else)
- Plantain chips (love these things!)
- Nutritional yeast (for making this gravy that is amazing on everything)
- Sliced almonds
- Pecan pieces
- Golden raisins
THE HOLY GRAIL.
- Quinoa (cheapest at TJs!)
- Cashew butter (there’s is the BEST! the salt level is on point!)
- Sunflower butter (they are now making a version without sugar so I am eager to try!)
- Dijon mustard (I think Trader Joe’s dijon has the perfect kick to it)
- Canned Alaskan salmon
- Coconut milk
- Beets in vinaigrette (y’all know I love beets and this lady told me these things were to die for…we shall see!)
- Almond butter (see my cashew butter commentary above)
- Salted peanut butter
- Kalamata olives
- Coconut oil
- Yogi tea ginger tea (cheapest at TJs by $2 and this is my #1 favorite tea of all-time)
A random shot of mushrooms and watermelon because I left them out of the produce shot!
Treats for the doggies!
Treats for the dog momma! 🙂 These are highly addictive. Proceed with caution.
Do you shop at Trader Joe’s regularly?
Any new or old Trader Joe’s finds to share?