Hello my friends! My week is off to a great start and I hope that yours is too. In this post I’m going to catch you up on the last few days and also share what I bought at Trader Joe’s a few days ago.
I picked Finn up from his dad at noon on Sunday and we had a fun afternoon!
We had a pool playdate with friends and a cookout.
Monday looked like mommy day camp as I worked to keep Finn entertained while I finished up some projects that were due.
I typically have childcare on Mondays but thankfully Finn is at an age where he can independently play if I set things up for him. He did Play-Doh and Kinetic Sand next to me while I worked (and totally watched a show or two!).
I also got some laundry done on Monday and Benji was all about the stripped sheets from the guest bed. What a cutie. 🙂
Finn went back to his dad today (Tuesday) so I made it to the gym this afternoon for a lift before teaching yoga at 5:45p. I am 100% loving this new seamless bra/cami that I got from the Calia line at Dick’s Sporting Goods recently. It’s a fitted long line sports bra/tank hybrid that has a built-in bra with removable cups. Super soft and comfortable.
I walked my puppies when I got home from teaching yoga tonight. We had a lovely sunset stroll.
WHAT I BOUGHT AT TRADER JOE’S
It had been too long since my last trip to Trader Joe’s so Finn and I stopped in on Friday morning after running an errand nearby. For whatever reason, Finn is always in a great mood when we are in Trader Joe’s. It’s been like this since he was a baby! Snacking on their delicious plantain chips certainly can’t hurt. 😉
For the record, I know Finn is four years old and doesn’t need to be strapped into the front part of the cart but that’s where he chooses to ride nine times out of 10 so he can “be close to mommy” and he tells me he needs to buckle up. He’s getting close to outgrowing that buckle but I humor him. This will all be over before I know it.
- Medjool dates
- Peanut and crispy noodle salad kit
- Brussel sprouts
- Baby bella mushrooms
- Baby spinach
- Yellow mangos
- Squash and zucchini
- Cherry tomato medley
- Giant baked beans in tomato sauce – to recreate those giant greek tomato beans I am obsessed with – someone recommended these
- Greek chickpeas with parsley and cumin
- Tomatillo and roasted yellow tomato salsa
- Creamy salted peanut butter – Finn’s most favorite peanut butter – always asks for it!
- Spaghetti noodles
- Pepita salsa (you have to try this – so good on so many things including grain bowls!
- Ranch seasoning blend – new item! I know I’m going to love it and will make homemade dressing from it like I did their green goddess seasoning
- Sesame dressing – first time trying this! Will use as a dressing, sauce and marinade
- Dolmades – there’s are delish and love snacking on them
- Plantain chips
- Smoked salmon
- Ground beef
- Cilantro dressing – tried this last time I was at TJs and had to get another bottle. It’s good!
- Pork tenderloin
- Turkey bacon
- Vegetable fried rice
- Baby beets
Sadly, my freezer was rather full so this was all I could bring home from Trader Joe’s incredible frozen foods selection.
- Burrata, prosciutto and arugula flatbread
- Fish nuggets
- Mini hold the cones
- Gluten-free chicken breast nuggets – BEST nuggets for salads!!!!
- Multigrain blend with vegetables
And that wraps it all up! Look how pretty my peonies opened. Totally worth the $10 splurge to have this cheer in my house this week.
What are your child’s favorite independent play activities?
What types of fresh flowers do you like to have in the house?
Current Trader Joe’s staples or new finds?