Happy Monday friends. I hope that you all had a nice weekend. My weekend was overall pretty low-key but I got to spend lots of QT with my boy so it was perfect.
Here are some highlights!
WEEKEND WITH FINN
We have had so much rain lately (with more to come later this week) so I took advantage of finally seeing the sun and spent a lot of time outside. We did a greenway walk on Saturday morning and Finn ran a mile down the greenway. I was walking and he decided he wanted to run…his stamina was impressive and it really pushed my walking pace, haha. He wore himself out and I carried him on my shoulders the mile back to the car. Both of us got quite the workout in and I actually ended up falling asleep with him when I was putting him down for his nap. I never nap and it was very nice!
On Saturday afternoon we had a bakery + playground date. Finn picked out a chocolate chip cookie the size of his face.
And then ran all the sugar off at the playground. Finn’s climbing skills are REALLY coming along and he’s quite fearless these days. This was a three-level play structure and he loved going up to the highest level and going down the covered tunnel slides. He came down those things so fast! The cutest thing was that he carried his Lightning McQueen car with him the whole time and put McQueen down the slide before he went down so you would see his little car shoot out and then Finn would come along.
Related, I got Finn this Color Changers Lightning McQueen on a recent Target trip and he is OBSESSED with it. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him play with one toy so much in a short amount of time. The car turns yellow in warm water and red in cold. I can’t tell you how many hours he spent over the weekend changing the colors. He loves it when I bring a bowl of cold ice water into the bath or shower so he can do the color change. I honestly didn’t even know it was a color changer when he picked it out!
Sunday afternoon looked like a family stroll around the neighborhood and hanging out close to home. Finn was on a bit of a stroller boycott but he’s been willingly riding along again lately which makes getting the dogs out for walks/exercise so much easier. We are not quite at a place yet where I can wrangle both dogs on leashes and Finn roaming free.
I was a Super Bowl slacker this year and didn’t even turn on the half-time show although I heard that The Weeknd put on a great show. I didn’t know who won until I opened the news app on my phone this morning. Just wasn’t feeling the Super Bowl spirit this year.
Finn and I actually slept in until 8a this morning. I couldn’t believe it when I opened my eyes and looked at the clock. He’s usually up sometime between 6:30-7:15a. It felt great to sleep a little later. After a quick breakfast, Finn took off with his nanny to the playground and I headed out to teach yoga. After class I stopped by Whole Foods and snapped some photos of what I bought when I got home.
WHAT I BOUGHT AT WHOLE FOODS
- Southwest chopped salad kit – having a moment with chopped salad kits right now!
- Shaved brussels – I’ll likely sauté these
- Sumo citrus
- Beets – will roast for salads
- Baby portobello mushrooms
- Cherry tomatoes
- Spinach and arugula blend
- Yellow potatoes
- Sweet potatoes
- A russet potato
*I already had some strawberries, more mandarins and bananas at home thus the lack of fruit.
- Salted butter…we probably go through a stick a week! Love butter for everything from cooking things like grilled cheese and quesadillas to spread on toast to stirred into things like veggies and rice.
- Unsalted butter…I use this for baking. I don’t buy it nearly as often as salted butter but always keep it on hand. I was running low and I’m hoping to bake a bit this week.
- FAGE Total 5% plain – forever my favorite
- Colby-Jack cheese
- Oatly oat milk – hands-down my favorite oat milk brand
- Locally roasted coffee – high-quality, locally-roasted coffee is one place where I am always willing to spend a bit more. It makes such a huge difference in taste, especially because I drink my coffee black, and greatly adds to my enjoyment of my morning coffee! 🙂
- Ground turkey – I think I’m going to make meatballs or meatloaf
- Pepperoni, Mediterranean and Barbecue Chicken frozen pizzas – my frozen pizza stash was wiped out so I needed to restock. I love all three of these pizzas from Whole Foods.
- Ben + Jerry’s Netflix & Chilled and Americone Dream – they were having a great sale on Ben + Jerry’s pints so I picked up two of my favorite flavors. Can’t wait to dig into these. If you haven’t tried the Netflix & Chilled….you must!
- Frozen strawberries, peaches and cherries for smoothies
- Mini marshmallows (one of Finn’s favorite treats)
- Hearts of palm – for salads
- Cheese squares (another of Finn’s faves)
- Buddy Biscuits for the pups (everyone gets treats around here!)
- Wheat square crackers
- Raspberry Fig Bars
- Mixed Berry Bars (Finn loves these)
- Two different brands of sea salt kettle chips (one of my faves!)
- Two flavors of La Croix. It was on big sale for Prime members and we drink a LOT of “sparkly” around here as Finn says.
I am going to wrap up a little more work on the computer and then take over with Finn. We have swim lessons this afternoon and I want to cook a good dinner tonight after.
What did you do this weekend? Did you get to spend any time outside?
What’s your child’s favorite activity at the playground? Finn is all about climbing and sliding and could care less about swings right now!
What are some of the things you are willing to splurge on when it comes to food shopping?