Happy new week to you.
I enjoyed a perfect fall weekend. There was football (a sad second half for my Dawgs against Alabama), gorgeous cool weather, a good run, lots of vitamin D and quality time with my number one boy. Finn was in the BEST mood on Sunday and we had such a great day together.
After spending almost two hours at the park on Sunday afternoon, Finn and I wrapped up the day with a trip to Aldi where his good mood continued. I joked to my mom and grandmother when I was talking to them on the phone that he was like the mayor of Aldi while we were in the store. I’m pretty sure that not a person walked by or was passed that didn’t get a greeting from Finn. His cheeriness extended all the way through bedtime and he went straight from giggling and singing songs to sleep without a hitch.
I was definitely in need of one of those types of parenting days because let’s just agree that two years old is a roller coaster in every which way! 😉
I snapped some photos of what came home with us from Aldi and thought I’d share them in this post.
- Basmati rice (my favorite kind…and Finn loves it too!)
- Pumpkin butternut squash pasta sauce
- Jumbo green olives stuffed with white cheddar (impulse buy because they sounded so delicious!)
- Plantain chips (these were a new find!)
- Veggie straws
- Rolled oats
- Pitted dates
- Aldi version of Wheat Thins
- Multiseed flatbread crackers (I’ve been loving smashed avocado with crackers lately for a snack)
- Annie’s white shells and cheese
- Organic Fair Trade whole bean coffee
- White cheddar puffs (Finn loves these and calls them “cheetos”)
- Mini peanut butter sandwich crackers
- Dog treats
- Mini naan flatbread (I got this to make little pizzas for Finn)
- Brussels sprouts (tip…I steamed these in the bag for three minutes last night before roasting them so that they would roast a lot quicker!)
- Spaghetti squash
- Baby portobello mushrooms
- Red grapes
- Acorn squash
- Organic eggs
- Organic strawberries
- Two half-gallons of organic whole milk. The price at Aldi cannot be beat.
- Organic mixed greens (kale, spinach and chard)
- Organic shredded Mexican cheese
- Organic shredded mozzarella cheese
- Peanut butter chocolate chip Perfect Bar
- Goat cheese
- Gouda cracker cuts (Finn loves these cheese squares)
- Spinach and kale bites (These are pretty much the exact same as the Dr. Praegers veggie bites. Finn loves them and calls them “tots.”)
- Trash bags
- Fig jam/spread
- Crazy monsters sticker book
- Orange La Croix
- Little People Halloween Is Here lift the flap book (it was $5 and has TONS of flaps to life. Finn LOVES it. We’ve read it probably 20 times in 24 hours!)
Not my healthiest grocery haul ever but a very real one!
UPLIFTING WORDS AND THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK AHEAD
Brene Brown posted this on Instagram on Friday. I shared it on my stories as did tons of others. Apparently these words rang true for many.
Bianca Sparacino of Rainbow Salt posted these words on her Instagram stories on Friday night and I took a screenshot because they were so lovely and I wanted to be able to come back to them again. I adore the second paragraph.
And finally, I listened to this podcast from Tara Brach on Sunday morning. Tara Brach has been an impactful spiritual teacher for me in 2020 and I find myself coming back to her guided meditations and talks over and over again. This one is definitely worth a listen.
Off to get Finn up from his nap and enjoy the rest of the day with him. I won’t see him much the rest of this week so trying to soak up the time that I have! 🙂