Life is good right now for so many reasons but here are some things that made today truly exceptional.
1) I finally put together and posted my Marine Corps Marathon training plan last night. A HUGE weight off my shoulders.
2) The day started with oats in an almond butter jar and black coffee. Yum. Just yum.
3) I went on an impromptu lunch date with my husband and he took me to Yoforia after lunch for a sweet treat. Sorry for the fuzzy BlackBerry picture. I didn’t have my camera!
4) After many years of wanting, I finally ordered the Garmin 305. It’s necessary for this marathon training cycle because I’m focusing so much on pacing.
5) I got to test out my new Garmin on a group run with a bunch of wonderful CLT healthy living bloggers. I ran an easy three(ish) miles with Jen, Kelly and Michelle. Cannot even begin to express how happy I am to finally have running friends in Charlotte.
6) I came home to find Brandon setting up our back patio for a night of grilling and outdoor blogging! 🙂
Grilled portobello and couscous for me (steak for him).
Must share just a few highlights from Wednesday with you…
Finally tried Siggi’s yogurt.
The verdict? Whoa. The thickest yogurt I have ever had. Pretty intense but packed with protein and came in at only 120 calories. A snack with a punch.
And finally, we changed our meal plan for the night. Baked falafel out, chicken parmesan in.
I didn’t get home until 8:30 p.m. and this was the fastest, tastiest thing that I could whip up. One of our all-time favorite go-to dinners.
And that’s all I’ve got for you tonight. So happy that tomorrow is Friday – and that I can wear jeans to work! 😉
Does your office have casual Friday?
We technically have a pretty casual/use your best judgement dress code every day but I work in account management so I dress like my clients Monday-Thursday. LOVE casual Fridays!