If you’ve been on the search for the perfect brownie recipe…look no further because it’s right here in this post. These salted fudge brownies are a home run for anyone who likes a gooey, fudgy brownie texture and also for those who love a good salted baked good like I do!
When it comes to desserts I tend to gravitate more towards fruity flavored things rather than chocolate. When I look at a dessert menu I can always pass on things like chocolate cake and chocolate mousse. I like chocolate in things but I don’t like strictly chocolate flavored things.
One exception is brownies. I have a soft spot in my heart for brownies. They remind me so much of my childhood. My family always kept boxed brownie mix in the pantry and baked them regularly. I admit to loving boxed brownies (even to this day), especially the Ghirardelli brand. We always underbaked them a little so that they were still gooey in the center, which is the best way for brownies to be in my opinion.
While I’ll still use boxed brownie mix from time-to-time, my favorite from-scratch recipe is these Salted Fudge Brownies. They are rich, gooey, chocolatey and absolutely decadent….and almost as easy as using a boxed mix!
SALTED FUDGE BROWNIES
I have been baking this brownie recipe for nearly ten years and they’ve remained my go-to brownie recipe for several reasons.
PREPPED USING ONLY ONE PAN + ONLY 8 INGREDIENTS
Only one sauce pan and eight ingredients are necessary to prep the brownie batter. Everything is mixed together right in the saucepan and then poured into the baking pan to bake. These brownies are incredibly fast and easy to prepare. You can have them in the oven in under 15 minutes.
SEA SALT + CHOCOLATE = A MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN
Ask anyone who’s tried this recipe and they will tell you that the salt absolutely takes these brownies to the next level. There is a little bit of sea salt incorporated into the batter during prep but the real magic happens when you sprinkle the remaining sea salt onto the batter and swirl it in with a butter knife just before baking.
OVER THE TOP FUDGY AND DELICIOUS
These salted fudge brownies are SO fudgy and SO delicious. I have never served these to anyone who hasn’t absolutely gone crazy over them. Seriously, the salt + fudge combo is out of this world and I’ve become semi-famous among my friend group for these brownies. They’re one of my “signature desserts” and everyone gets so excited when I bring them.
Pro tip: serve them warm with ice cream and you’ll really knock it out of the park.
YOU MUST TRY THESE SALTED FUDGE BROWNIES!
Really, these salted fudge brownies are so simple, easy and decadently delicious that you have no reason not to make them ASAP. I promise you’ll thank me for it (and so will whoever you share them with!).
SALTED FUDGE BROWNIE RECIPEPrint
These Salted Fudge Brownies feature just 8 ingredients and are made in one pan. Intense chocolate flavor and perfect balance of sweet and salty. If you love super chewy and fudge-like brownies with crisp edges, this recipe is for you!
1 1/2 stick unsalted butter (12 tablespoons)
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups sugar
3 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon + 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (keep divided)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 9-inch square baking dish with cooking spray or line with foil draping over the edges and spray with cooking spray.
- Melt the butter and unsweetened chocolate in a medium saucepan over low heat. Stir occasionally until melted and combined. Remove from heat and add cocoa, sugar, eggs, vanilla, flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Whisk to combine.
- Pour the batter into prepared baking dish and sprinkle with the 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Use a butter knife to swirl the salt into the batter and if you’d like, grind a little extra on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until edge is set but center is still soft. Cool in the pan at room temperature for an hour and then remove from pan. Cut into squares and serve.
- These brownies are super fudgy. It’s important to let them cool completely before cutting.
- Less is more! I like to cut these into small squares because they’re so rich and decadent.
- People have had success with scaling this recipe back by thirds to make smaller batches.
- You can store brownies in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-5 days.
- Brownies freeze well for several months wrapped tightly.
Keywords: brownies, dessert, baking
SALTED FUDGE BROWNIE PINNABLE