Baking is my favorite. Baking with peanut butter is even better. Baking with peanut butter AND chocolate is over the top heavenly. Some of my all-time favorite peanut butter and chocolate recipes are these peanut butter chocolate chip bars and these flourless peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.
Today, I have a new peanut butter and chocolate recipe to share. It’s another cookie but a different kind of cookie than what I ever bake. These cookies are big, fluffy and round balls of deliciousness.
I Pinned these immediately upon seeing them on Confections of a Foodie Bride.
I baked them to give away to my clients and friends for a treat on Valentine’s Day. Their thickness made them the perfect gift cookie because they were sturdy and didn’t break or crumble. They were extremely well-received. Everyone loved them and wished they had more than one. I definitely ate more than one.
I made a few changes to Shawnda’s recipe. I used crunchy natural peanut butter instead of creamy, a mix of chopped chocolate chunks and chocolate chips, omitted the chopped peanuts and added a sprinkle of sea salt to the top before baking.Print
Big, fluffy, round peanut butter cookies with ribbons of chocolate throughout and a sprinkle of sea salt on top.
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter (softened… or not)
1/2 cup creamy or chunky salted natural peanut butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
16 ounces chopped semisweet chocolate, chocolate chips or a mix of both
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and peanut butter until combined and softened. Add sugars and continue to cream on medium high heat until fluffy and lightened in color, 2-3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, incorporating each after the addition and then add vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Slowly add to the mixing bowl until just blended. The batter will be really stiff. Add the chocolate to the bowl and mix on really low speed until distributed within the batter.
- Roll the dough into balls about the size of a golf ball. You should have anywhere from 16-20. Chill the dough balls for about 20 minutes.
- While the dough is chilling, preheat oven to 375 and line a cookie sheet with a Slipat or parchment paper.
- Once dough has chilled place 6 cookies on a pan. I used a fork to press mine down ever so slightly and then sprinkled them with sea salt.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown on the edges and starting to set in the center. Cool on pan for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Keywords: cookies, baking, peanut butter