I sat down to do a little prep and planning for the week ahead and realized that it’s going to be a busy one on the social front in addition to what I have on my plate for work and personal. This means even more prep and planning is necessary because it can be hard/draining for me to have a lot of social plans throughout the week while also feeling balanced with work and rest. This has always been the case and is even more so now that I’m expecting.
I am not much of a live by a planner/calendar type of person but during times like these, taking a moment to get really clear about the most important priorities and intentional about making time for them can really help to keep me grounded and calm.
I hope this little glimpse into how I’m going to structure a busy week is helpful to you guys! Here’s the game plan…
THIS WEEK’S MEAL PLAN
Sunday: spiced bone-in leg/thigh quarters with roasted carrots, onions and fennel
Monday: stuffed acorn squash with apples and sausage
Tuesday: friend holiday party
Wednesday: out to dinner for a friend’s birthday
Thursday: sweet potato noodle bowls with almond butter shrimp
Friday: Y2 holiday party
Saturday: Tanner’s family Christmas
THIS WEEK’S PLANNED WORKOUTS
I don’t usually plan my workouts but I need one this week to feel on top of things with the holiday craziness.
Sunday: walk + yoga
Monday: short run (3-4 miles) + teach strength
Tuesday: yoga + teach strength
Wednesday: teach strength
Thursday: short run or FlyWheel + teach strength
Friday: yoga or rest
Saturday: some sort of workout (probably run or yoga) before I teach at 11:15a since the rest of the day will be Christmas with Tanner’s family
THIS WEEK’S WORK STRATEGY/GOALS/TO DOs
Here are my top work priorities. As long as I tackle these big things, I will feel good about the week.
- Write at least four blog posts for Peanut Butter Runner
- Schedule and shoot for a video project (this is a BIG one)
- Photograph the recipe for my sweet potato shrimp noodle bowls to blog about next week
- Knock out at least five of the hottest things on my list of personal tasks for Y2 including a New Year’s workshop with Dorie, planning and communication for our Winter 2018 teacher training (which is sold out!!!!), executing a big annual sale that we do every December, organizing our management team’s 2018 off-site strategy meeting and starting on a menu/brand revamp for the restaurant.
- Communicate with my supervisor at the Y to figure out some changes going on with role/title structure in 2018
THIS WEEK’S PERSONAL GOALS/TO DOs
- Writing thank you notes for baby gifts we have received so far
- Reach out to 3-4 friends who have been on my mind lately for a quick check-in/thinking of you
- Have Christmas shopping done for Tanner’s family Christmas by Thursday. Do as much online/prime as possible.
- Prep for and manage delivery of new couch/rug for our den/family room
- Walk the girls at least four times
- Schedule grooming appointments for the girls (they are long overdue a trim and professional grooming)
- Figure out what we’re going to do for the actual Christmas holiday
- Get my nails done! (gotta make some time for pampering even during crazy weeks!)
WHERE I’M WAVING THE WHITE FLAG/SETTING BOUNDARIES
- Having our housekeeper come on Monday to do a deep clean
- Not picking up any additional classes to sub
- Making sleep a priority and aiming for 7-8 hours a night, no exceptions
- Making my workouts a priority and holding space/time to do them. I am 100x more productive and happy when I do this
- Being super aware of mindless time spent on social media and limiting that this week to focus on work
- Reading my book in bed at night and not playing on my phone for 30 minutes before reading. First, I think this is better for my mental state and second, I fall asleep so much faster!
Your turn! I would LOVE to hear your strategies for staying grounded/sane at home and at work when life gets busy.
How do you organize/manage your time/to-dos?
How do you prioritize your work?
How do you fit in workouts and healthy eating?