A million thank you’s for all of the kindness and love that you’ve extended to me and my sweet Sullie girl.
Monday was not the day. I talked with Sullie’s vet Monday morning and she told me that it was “absolutely not unfair” for me to not follow through with putting her down if Sullie was happy, eating and moving. She told me to watch for signs of labored breathing, lethargy, trouble moving, anorexia (refusing food) or an aversion to wanting attention or being touched. She encouraged me that I know Sullie best and I will know when it’s time. She also said she’d talk with me as much as needed to support me in making the right decision. I am lucky to have a vet that I know and trust.
Finn decided everyone should be up at 6:15a on Monday morning. It was early but made for a productive morning. I made banana, egg white and cottage cheese oatmeal for the whole crew.
Sullie had some extra hardboiled egg added to hers. She really loved this.
I’ve been sticking close to home to be with Sullie but I left for a bit on Monday morning to meet my a friend for a run. We run together every Monday morning and it’s such a great start to my week. She’s also one of those friends who is “really real” so I never have to pretend or fake that things are okay when I am with her.
We ran a little over 4 miles, both of us pushing strollers, and I’m so glad that I followed through with our plans.
I rushed straight home to give Sullie some love.
The best thing happened on Monday afternoon. I went to take Zoey and Finn out for a walk and Sullie came to the front door and walked outside as I was loading Finn in the stroller. It was the first time in three days that she showed any interest in walking so I went with it.
It took 35 minutes for us to walk 0.5 miles around our block because I let Sullie stop and smell/sniff as much as she wanted. It’s always been her favorite.
I cooked my girl a steak dinner and she was in heaven.
Monday ended in bed with my laptop watching Schitt’s Creek episodes I’d already seen because they make me so happy along with some ice cream.
MOTHER’S DAY IDEAS FOR EXPECTING AND NEW MOMS
With Mother’s Day coming up on Sunday, I wanted to take a moment to share a few ideas for expecting and new moms. Note, there are some affiliate links here.
- A card. Seriously, just a card sharing in their excitement and celebrating their first Mother’s Day is so meaningful
- A card + a little something special. This could be a candle, bath bomb, face mask, chocolate bar, hand lotion, etc.
- Prenatal massage, acupuncture or yoga gift certificate
- Mani/pedi gift certificate
- Postmates credit for those days where she doesn’t feel like cooking
- Himalayan salt oil warmer
- Cozy maternity pajamas (love this before and after set!)
- A card + a card and a little something special. Still relevant and very appreciated here!
- Comfy PJs or slippers
- Coobie bras
- Smell good body wash. I am currently loving this Goat’s Milk Chai
- Postmates credit or restaurant GCs. This is an AMAZING gift with a little one
- Erin McDermott gold bar necklace customized with baby’s name or birthday
- A gift basket full of snacks/goodies from somewhere like Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods
- Mani/pedi gift certificate WITH an offer to either watch the baby or come with her to hold the baby when she uses it
- Lululemon Align leggings (I’m one year post-baby and still living in them)