Good morning! Yesterday was completely insane…as Wednesdays usually are…so I didn’t post but there wasn’t much to share anyway. I taught an early yoga class and then spent the remainder of the day alternating between sending rapid fire e-mails, sitting in meetings and working the front desk at Metro CrossFit. Luckily, the day ended with hot yoga and eating chips, guacamole and salsa for dinner with my yoga friends so that was nice. What a healthy bunch we are.
I have received some questions lately on my workout clothes so I thought I would share some of my basic staples as well as a new playlist with you this morning.
I know that it is expensive but the fit and quality make it 100% worth it for me. I still wear the very first lulu outfit that I ever got, a Power Y Tank and Run Inspire Crops. I’ve washed it hundreds of time and it still looks great. Also, when workout clothes are your work attire, you want to look good in them and I always feel confident in lulu because the fit is so flattering. My favorite thing about their tops are that most include built in support and removable padded cups.
I have shared my favorite pieces before in bits and pieces but here is a look at my staple tops and bottoms. I own multiples of all of these items!
These are my three staple tops:
1. Run Swiftly Tech Long Sleeve – as soon as it starts getting cool out you will find me in this top. I love to layer it under my Metro t-shirts so that I’m not freezing in the gym and it’s perfect for running and workouts as well. I especially love the thumb holes!
2. Cool Racerback Tank – this is lulu’s most basic and affordable tank but the fit is great and the length is perfect. I layer it over the Flow Y Bra.
3. Power Y Tank – I have this tank in so many colors. It features a built-in sports bra with the removable cups. The straps are well-placed, never dig into me and the open back allows for full range of motion with maximum comfort. One little note…the link above is to the “Luon Light” version that the made for the warmer months. I recommend the regular weight fabric. I find the Luon Light to be a little too light.
And my staple bottoms:
1. Wunder Under Crop – if I had to pick one pant to wear exclusively this would be it. These are the all-around most flattering pants that I own. The wide waistband prevents spill over and I recommend getting them in black because it hides everything! I also love the Wunder Under full-length pant…especially in the winter with Uggs. So comfy.
2. Speed Shorts – I wear these shorts most days of the week during warmer months. Again, love the wide waistband and also the length. I have short legs so I prefer a shorter short. Now that I have started wearing the Speed Shorts I think my Nike Tempos look terrible! I even teach and practice yoga in these shorts. They’re awesome.
3. Run Inspire Crop – these are my go-to running pants for cooler weather. First, I love the weight of the technical fabric. Not too heavy or too thin. Second, the length is perfect. I prefer a longer crop versus those that hit right below the knee. And third, there are two pockets for gels in the front and a zippered pocket in the back. The back pocket is actually big enough to hold my iPhone and a key/credit card. I have worn these pants for many races. However, I do not recommend wearing these for yoga.
And some new workout tunes…
lulu love…yes or no? What are your staple items? Any new favorite songs on your workout playlist?