Today was much like yesterday so let’s start off with something a little different. I love the blogging community and reading and commenting on other blogs. Here are some posts and blogs that I’ve enjoyed/discovered recently.
- Kelly finished her first marathon! Check out her Disney World Marathon recap here.
- Sara launched her new healthy living blog today, Viva Catalina.
- My old college roommate Hollie has a fabulous blog with topics varying from DIY home decor to travel to day-to-day happenings.
- I have never raced to raise money for charity but I love the idea. Read about how Tina from Carrots n’ Cake fundraised for Team in Training here.
- Check out The Jogging Concierge, a fun blog written by one of my favorite readers, Alaina.
- Ashley posted a fun “5 Things I’m Loving” post a few days ago – complete with The Decemberists and reality TV.
- Emily is making a come back from an accident and posted her spring marathon training plan.
- My friend Tracy just took her food blog in a new direction and is now focusing more on her daily life, good eats and healthy living. I’ve always loved her blog, Kitchen Ambition, and I’m loving the new feel even more!
Some fun reading material for you all! Enjoy!
Now, I don’t have much new and exciting to share since today was a lot like yesterday. I woke up to discover that our beautiful snow was covered with about a quarter of an inch of ice. So instead of my oatmeal sinking into powdery snow, it teetered atop a sheet of ice.
Work was operating on a delay and opening at 10 a.m. It took me a solid 20 minutes to slide down my driveway and to my car to deice. It was not fun. I was pretty petrified to take to the roads but survived the drive by sticking to main roads and driving very slowly.
I made lunch at work from a random assortment of things I threw into a lunchbox.
I promise that this is the last mashed avocado/spinach/cheese sandwich you will see for a while. I’m sorry to be so repetitive but we have not been able to make it to the store to restock. Carrots, half of an apple and a cookie on the side.
I was disappointed to learn that ashtanga was canceled tonight at my yoga studio. A canceled class was not going to keep me from my yoga practice so I went to Target and purchased a space heater and did a home practice instead.
I went through the ashtanga primary series. One of the things I love most about ashtanga is that it’s so easy to practice at home since it’s a self-guided practice and the series is always the same.
Dinner tonight was leftovers. I started with a salad.
Mixed greens with carrots, celery, dried cranberries, almonds, mushrooms and goat cheese. Dressed with balsamic, honey and olive oil.
Chili and cornbread for dinner.
And that’s all I’ve got for you today!