Salmon is a grocery staple for me and I almost always end up eating it for lunch or dinner at least once a week. I have my tried and true simple recipe down but I’m always looking for ways to switch it up.
I found a winner last week! This one was totally self-developed based on what I had in the fridge.
I started with beautiful wild Alaskan salmon fillets and then added lemon pepper, salt, parmesan and a lemon slice.
Into the oven it went along with some brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes and out came this deliciousness a short while later. The prep of this salmon is super simple but it’s packed with flavor. It’s a super easy weeknight dinner that can cook in the oven with other sides for extra simplicity!
Lemon Parmesan SalmonPrint
- 1 pound salmon fillet, cut into individual 6 (ish) ounce servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1–2 tespoons lemon pepper seasoning, to tasted (I have a pretty heavy hand here)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Lemon rounds, sliced thinly
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray (for ease of removal of salmon from baking sheet).
- Place salmon meat side up on foil. Drizzle and rub with olive oil and then sprinkle with lemon pepper and salt to taste.
- Distribute parmesan evenly and top with a lemon slice.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, to desired temperature. Start checking it early! Cooking time will depend on thickness of salmon fillet.