Salmon is a grocery staple for me and I almost always end up eating it for lunch or dinner at least once a week. I have my tried and true simple recipe down but I’m always looking for ways to switch it up.
I found a winner last week! This one was totally self-developed based on what I had in the fridge.
I started with beautiful wild Alaskan salmon fillets and then added lemon pepper, salt, parmesan and a lemon slice.
Into the oven it went along with some brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes and out came this deliciousness a short while later. The prep of this salmon is super simple but it’s packed with flavor. It’s a super easy weeknight dinner that can cook in the oven with other sides for extra simplicity!
Lemon Parmesan SalmonPrint
- 1 pound salmon fillet, cut into individual 6 (ish) ounce servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-2 tespoons lemon pepper seasoning, to tasted (I have a pretty heavy hand here)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Lemon rounds, sliced thinly
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray (for ease of removal of salmon from baking sheet). Place salmon meat side up on foil. Drizzle and rub with olive oil and then sprinkle with lemon pepper and salt to taste. Distribute parmesan evenly and top with a lemon slice.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, to desired temperature. Start checking it early! Cooking time will depend on thickness of salmon fillet.