Today is a better day.
I ran 15 miles this morning. I think that’s the farthest I’ve run in over 6 years. While I’m definitely “feeling it” as I sit here and write this post, all things considered, I am good. It was 48 degrees outside and the most beautiful fall day. Running has been such a gift this fall and an amazing tool for dealing with everything.
My dad is home and resting. Funny story…when my mom asked what he wanted for dinner tonight, he asked for sourdough toast with butter and jelly. My mom told him he had to have a little protein too so he said, “a poached egg.” But I thought it was too cute and totally typical of him that he wanted sourdough toast for dinner. 🙂
I ended up completely deleting the post I had in drafts and decided to start over with this one.
Here’s what I/we ate last week.
Sweet potato bowl, scrambled eggs and bacon.
Scrambled eggs with grapes and a paleo banana muffin.
Pumpkin muffin with grapes and tea.
Sweet potato breakfast bowl to-go eaten at the gym between clients.
Give me the fall salads! Arugula, pears, pan-sauteed chick peas in curry seed salt, roasted pumpkin seeds, hearts of palm, tomatoes, dried cranberries, avocado.
Lunch out at Dean & Deluca with a girlfriend. Build your own salad with spinach, chick peas, artichokes, beets, dried cranberries and a hardboiled egg.
Lunch out at Sunflour. Egg salad sandwich on sourdough and an oatmeal raisin cookie.
Another fall-inspired salad with arugula that I tossed with lemon juice, olive oil and sea salt and then topped with avocado, hearts of palm, pears, tomatoes, chick peas, toasted almonds and dried cranberries. Finished off with some balsamic.
Leftovers. I had sprouted grain blend topped with peas and mushrooms, chicken tenders and hummus. I fed Tanner flank steak, half an avocado and sliced tomatoes.
Blue Apron salmon with roasted apples, rutabaga, potatoes and onions and an apple mustard topping.
Blue Apron pork steam buns with black garlic mayo. These were REALLY good and the black garlic was incredible.
Blue Apron spicy chicken and carrots over a roasted chickpea/basmati rice mix.
Salad eaten on debate night. It was all I could stomach. 😉
Espresso and protein smoothie for afternoon snack.
Almond milk latte at Sunflour while working.
- Switching up salad toppings really helps me stay interested in daily salads. This week it was hearts of palm and chick peas with a “fall-ish theme” and I was digging it!
- I forgot to cancel our Blue Apron delivery. It was nice because I didn’t have to meal plan but it wasn’t my favorite week of meals. (Although those pork buns TOTALLY made up for it. They were seriously so good.)
- Food photography taken at night is sad.
- I need more egg salad in my life.
- I am done with almond milk lattes. Every time I get them I decide they’re gross and then I buy them again. Does anyone else think they taste really “chemically?” That’s the best way I have to describe it. I still prefer soy for a non-dairy option but I am trying not to eat/drink a ton of soy these days. And I avoid regular milk because of my skin and breakouts. What’s a girl to do!? Think I can bring my own homemade almond milk or canned coconut milk to the coffee shop? 😉 At least there’s always regular coffee or shots of espresso, right?
See you guys on Sunday with our meal plan and some of my favorite fall recipes.
What’s your favorite latte milk option?
What are your current favorite salad toppings?
Egg salad, yes or no?