Since July is coming to a close soon, I thought it was time to get your July workout + playlist posted! July’s workout is all about jumping intervals and features bodyweight movements only so you have no reason not to get this done wherever life or vacation takes you!
JUMP FOR JULY BODYWEIGHT WORKOUT
Here’s the workout. I have some fun (haha, that’s subjective) combos for you that are sure to be a challenge. In block one it’s two squat jumps followed by a burpee. In block two you’ve got a combo of two plank frog jumps and mountain climbers. Block three brings broad jumps coupled with high knees.
I’ve also incorporated upper and lower body strength exercises as well as core work. This is a good one! 🙂
Here are some notes on the movements:
- 2 squat jumps + burpee: do two squat jumps and then one burpee.
- Supine flutter kicks: on your back, slide hands under your butt and lift heels and shoulder blades off the floor while looking at your toes and pulling your low back down towards your hands/arms (navel to spine). Flutter kick your feet up and down about six inches 20 times.
- Shoulder tap push ups: start in a plank position, knees or toes. Alternate tapping hand to opposite shoulder, once on each side, and then do one push up. Tap, tap, push up.
- Knee drive lunges: start in a standing position and like you’re doing a back stepping lunge, step your left leg back, leaving right leg in front. Once you step back, drive off the left foot and bring the left knee up towards the chest. You can either leave the right foot grounded or add a little hop as you bring the knee up. Do 10 in a row on each side.
- Super mans: start in a prone position (belly/face down) with arms straight arms reaching overhead like superman. Pinkies to the floor, thumbs to the ceiling. Lift arms/head/lower legs/heels up at the same time and then lower all the way back down. Keep your gaze neutral as you lift up and avoid the temptation to look up and crank your neck.
- 2 frog jumps + mountain climbers combo: start in a plank position. Jump the feet to the outside of the pinkie fingers and then back to plank position. Do this twice and then do 5 mountain climbers (right knee, left knee = one rep).
- 2 broad jumps + 5 high knees combo: do two broad jumps followed by 5 high knee jogs (right knee, left knee = one rep). Turn around and do two broad jumps back to your original starting position, followed by 5 high knee jogs.
- Sit up with reach overhead: start on your back and do a sit up. When you sit up, reach straight arms overhead with biceps hugging ears. Sit up to your tallest spine and don’t round forward. Make it harder by keeping arms overhead the whole time and not using them for momentum as you sit up.
- Speed skaters: lateral movement side-to-side crossing knee behind knee. Careful to keep knees aligned with ankles.
JUMP FOR JULY BODYWEIGHT WORKOUT VIDEO
Here’s a quick video demonstration of all of the movements!
JULY WORKOUT PLAYLIST
I’ve got just over two hours of music to motivate you through this workout or any other gym sessions or runs you may be tackling in the weeks to come!
Here is the clickable link to the playlist on Spotify.
I hope you enjoy this workout and this playlist. As always, shout with questions and let me know if you try the workout.
What’s your favorite jumping exercise?