Hello, hello! Long time, no update (well…2 days feels like a long time these days!). I wasn’t able to post last night so I planned on getting something up at lunch but the day got busy. Here it is 10 p.m. and I’m just sitting down to blog.
I had a great morning. I set my alarm for an early AM ashtanga practice. I got up, started getting ready and then realized that all I really wanted to do was run.
So I bailed on my practice, laced up my running shoes and coaxed Sullie out of bed (her bed, she does not sleep with us!) to be my running partner. It took some serious sweet talking…she loves to sleep with Brandon and usually refuses to leave our bedroom until he gets up.
Five miles with the sunrise. It was perfect. There is something about early morning runs that feels so peaceful.
Pre-run fuel was a date with almond butter. Post-run fuel was “pumpkin pie” overnight oats. Oats, pumpkin, banana, dried cranberries, apple, greek yogurt, almond milk, cinnamon and chia seeds. Topped with TJs pumpkin butter and almond butter.
I came home for lunch and made a sandwich with hummus, tomatoes, spinach and smoked gouda on honey whole wheat. A few tortilla chips, a big, sweet peach and carrots on the side.
I snacked on an apple and a Larabar this afternoon before teaching BodyPump. Class was extra fun due to some special guests from Lululemon!
Fogive the iPhone photo but we had a great time goofing off after class. This was us flexing our “Athletic Thigh Club” muscles and showing off our guns. 😀
I stopped by Trader Joe’s on my way home to
aimlessly wander pick up a few things. I was looking for dinner inspiration in the ethnic aisle and questioned a girl who was picking up this sauce. She said it was “life changing” so I decided to make a stir fry with it.
I don’t know that I would call it life changing but it was pretty damn good. This stir fry had so much flavor. I cooked tofu and frozen Asian veggie blend in the stir fry sauce and served it over brown rice with a healthy dose of Sriracha. It was a really good fast/healthy dinner.
Fun Friday News!!!!!!
- Cate from Cate’s World Kitchen welcomed a beautiful baby girl into this world. Congratulations, Cate!
- Alaina from Jogging Concierge is happy to have her husband home on leave from duty in Afgahnastan. When I saw these photos, I cried!
- In other baby news, Brittany from Healthy Slice of Life had her (one week overdue!) baby this evening. Eagerly awaiting her birth story! Congratulations, Brittany!
- I’m running another race this weekend! A 10K this time. After a nine-month race hiatus, I am loving the start of fall race season.
- And finally, stay tuned for a very big announcement on PBR next week! 😉
What is the best thing that has happened all week!?