Happy Friday! Although these days I don’t really know what day it is…they’re all a blur. Also, happy first day of June. I feel like the first five months of this year really flew by being pregnant and I have no doubt that the rest of the year will be the same. I’m really trying to soak up every moment of this crazy and special time of life right now.
One of my friends gave me a One Line A Day five-year memory book and I really want to make an attempt to fill it out every day to document special moments and everyday life. I think I’ll love having it to look back on. I need to make it part of my morning or evening routine so that I keep it up!
So…I opened social media this morning and was greeted with an onslaught of #nationaldonutday posts and now all I can think about is a donut. Maybe I need to take Finn out for a little outing!? 🙂
Speaking of Finn, this little man is TWO WEEKS old today!
It still blows my mind that he was inside of me just a couple of weeks ago and now he’s here and he’s perfect. It’s such a miracle.
I’ll have my two week postpartum update on Sunday. I think I’m going to stick with posting those on Sunday evenings if that sounds good to you guys!
And speaking of outings, I’ve started getting out of the house a bit this week and it’s been really nice. I’ve visited with friends and family and gone to a few appointments.
A few Friday faves to share!
- MY MOM IS COMING BACK! She’s driving back to Charlotte next weekend and I am counting down the days. I am just so looking forward to having her company even more so than her help! Although I am hoping I can get in for a LONG overdue cut and color and leave her on baby duty…and she’ll be here for my birthday!
- I love this article about eating “rules” from a registered dietitian and it’s so in line with my own personal food philosophy.
- Looking for summer bathing suit inspiration? My friend Teri has an awesome collection of one and two pieces. You should also read her Boston Marathon Race Recap!
- Breastfeeding hydration has been a challenge for me now that I’m not teaching hot yoga and guzzling down multiple liters of water every day. I ordered this water bottle from Amazon to carry around the house with me and to take out on walks and errands. It definitely encourages me to drink more water and I like that it doesn’t sweat and the water stays icy cold for hours. It was also reasonably priced! Now, the real challenge will be for me not to lose it! I’m the worst at keeping up with water bottles.
- There are some great ideas in this round up of healthy grilling recipes. I want to make the greek lamb burgers ASAP!
- This feel good song from Trevor Hall.
- Has anyone watched the new Netflix series The Letdown? Let me tell you, hitting a little close to home right now! I’ve been watching episodes of it while breastfeeding. I’ve also heard the new Ali Wong comedy special is a must-watch too.
- Since I pretty much eat as much watermelon as possible during the summer months, these homemade watermelon coconut popsicles look amazing.
A REQUEST FOR YOU!
Since I am on maternity leave and healing from childbirth and a c-section…my days look a little different when it comes to work and working out…and most of daily life in general!
Please let me know if you have any blog topic requests that you’d like for me to tackle during this time. It can be anything from pregnancy to fitness to food to dogs…whatever. You just let me know if there is something you’d like for me to cover. I have a few ideas but I’d love to build a new topic list.
Are you celebrating National Donut Day?
Watched anything good on Netflix or Amazon lately? Please share if so!