Sullie and I just took a little field trip to Starbucks for an espresso as I am having a hard time keeping my eyes open on this Saturday evening. I tried an Americano for the first time (espresso and hot water) and added a little coconut milk to it when I got home. This was my first trip to Starbucks in months and months. And to tell the truth…I haven’t really missed it.
Backing up to the reason why I needed a pick-me-up…Work was insane last week and I had an event last night. I was up at 6 a.m. this morning to run two races (I ran a back-to-back 10K and 5K) as an ambassador for the Charlotte marathon…and it served as my long run! Post-race I went to the farmers market, taught hot yoga, cleaned the house and attended a two-year-old’s birthday party. I needed something to help me rally for the rest of the night.
I actually wanted to make an espresso at home with our Nespresso machine but I discovered all we had was decaf. Time to restock as decaf is not how I roll.
Okay, I’ve had these photos edited for my Friday favorites post for two days and I’m finally going to type it all up and get it to you.
Kendra Scott Skylar Earrings
A friend of mine gave me these Kendra Scott Skylar Earrings as a gift and they’re so great. They come in a lot of different stone colors but I love how versatile the white pearl is.
Forever my number one.
Under Armour Shoes
I don’t know what I did to get in good graces with Under Armour (I worked on a campaign with them back in 2012 so maybe that was it?) but they send me shoes every so often and they just keep getting better and better and better with every new design.
I have four pairs of Under Armour shoes that are in heavy rotation.
- UA SpeedForm Fortis – these are the gray, pink and yellow shoes. I wear these shoes all.the.time. Seriously, I wear them for treadmill intervals, gym workouts and just hanging out/training clients/everyday wear. They’re so comfortable, lightweight and fit to my foot extremely well.
- UA Charged Bandit – back when I received the SpeedForm Fortis, UA also sent me the Charged Bandit. It’s the white shoe with orange and blue details. I rotate this shoe in for road runs and it gives me a very stable ride. Runner’s World named it a Best Buy and said, “Higher-density foam and a long plastic arch under the inside of the heel keep the ankle from rolling inward, while a layer of bouncier foam on the outside of the heel and under the forefoot provides energy return.”
- UA SpeedForm Gemini 2 – these are the blue, black and pink shoes. I just received these about two months ago and they’ve quickly worked into my regular rotation and I get so many compliments on them! I wore them to lead my event workout last weekend and they powered me through sprints, burpees, squats, push ups and more.
- UA Charged Bandit 2 – these are the teal/heathered shoes and are an amazing update to the original Charged Bandit. I just received these about a month ago and I can’t get enough of them! I broke them in when we hiked the Profile Trail on Grandfather Mountain.
Although Under Armour sent me these shoes to test, I can honestly say I’d buy them on my own. Most of them have an awesome price point and great, long-lasting wear. And since I wear athletic shoes so much, it’s been so nice to have variety in my wardrobe!
ROC Retinol Correxion Sensitive Eye Cream
I’ve shared this ROC eye cream before but I have to do an “after the review” update. I’ve been using this eye cream consistently for several months and I can tell a noticeable difference. At just $14 on Amazon, it’s a steal.
John Frida Frizz Ease 10 Day Tamer
This isn’t a favorite but I’m super interested to try it. I picked it up at Target last week after reading about it in a magazine. Has anyone tried it? Reviews?
Links and such…
- Lifting without bulking.
- Fall Fashion Wish List via A Foodie Stays Fit…teach me your ways! (And OMG that Nordstrom is selling J. Crew!)
- Kombucha cocktails
- Orzo Salad with Roasted Cauliflower, Spinach and Feta
- Terra’s Kitchen Meal Delivery Service…Reminder: get $30 off your first order with code PBR30!
- Turmeric Ginger Granola
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Fudge…because…chocolate and peanut butter for life!
- Apple Pie Overnight Oats
Enjoy the rest of your weekend! 🙂