Happy Friday! I wanted to take a moment to thank y’all for the great feedback and suggestions on my last post. If you are also feeding a toddler, DEFINITELY go and read the comments. There are great ideas and resources there.
I’ve got quite a diverse round up of Friday favorites for you today. It’s taken me the entirety of this day to write this post because…mom life! 🙂
THE BEST DELIVERY
I received a box of various nut butters from Wild Friends. This is one of the first brands that I ever supported/partnered with on my blog and I even had the pleasure of meeting founders Keely and Erika when I visited Portland a few years ago. I love supporting women-owned businesses and I think that Wild Friends makes some of the best nut butter that there is. While the classic creamy peanut butter is to die for, I was also thrilled to receive their be well blends, super butter and chocolate hazelnut spread.
GETTING DRESSED + TARGET STYLE
Since returning home from Florida, I have been making an effort most days (not every day) to get dressed and not just wear lululemon all day. And it feels good! I feel like summer lends itself to doing this comfortably because you don’t have to wear jeans, haha.
My go-to is flowy comfortable dresses or shorts and a tank top. I have a few pieces from Target that I LOVE. They are affordable, cute and comfortable.
- Cotton crewneck sleeveless dress (what you see me wearing here). This dress is comfortable, functional and perfect for chasing a toddler around in. Unfortunately, the tie-dye pattern that I have is out of stock but there are a couple of colors in stock in various sizes and maybe they’ll restock. I have this in an XS. It runs a little big.
- Super soft tank dress. I have this dress in two colors, black and royal blue. It’s very soft, lightweight and extremely comfortable. Again, I bought the XS.
- High-rise pull-on shorts. I have these in the olive green color and I love!
- Rib racerback tank. At just $8, this tank is a steal! I have it in three colors, white, charcoal and blue. I get a small in this tank because I like a more relaxed fit and feel.
- Short sleeve v-neck tie-dye t-shirt. I wear this t-shirt all the time. I love the navy and white tie-dye pattern. I have a size small.
NEW ELLIE GOULDING
Ellie Goulding is my most favorite. I have been a fan of her music for almost 10 years now. You can almost always find an Ellie Goulding song or remix on my class playlists. My love for her only grew when I saw her in concert in Charlotte a few years ago. She is incredibly talented. The new album, Brightest Blue, is great and you’ve probably heard a few of the singles already including Close to Me and Hate Me but there are lots of great new songs too!
Also, Taylor Swift dropped a new album this week and I am here for the understated, more serious, less produced feel of it. I was never a TS fan until her album last summer. This album is continuing to move me in the direction of liking her music.
BURST SONIC TOOTHBRUSH
I’m not really sure how this happened but I received a Burst Sonic Toothbrush from the brand and it’s hands-down the best electric toothbrush that I’ve ever owned. 10/10 RECOMMEND. Here are a few features:
- Lightweight and aesthetically pleasing on your bathroom counter.
- Super soft charcoal infused PBT nylon bristles: specially designed to remove surface stains.
- Four-week battery life from a single charge.
- 33,000 sonic vibrations per minute. Versus a manual toothbrush, BURST reduces gum bleeding up to 3x more after just 15 days.
- Two-minute timer. Automatically shuts off after two minutes of brushing and gives 30-second intervals to remind you to move to a different quadrant of your mouth.
- Three brushing modes – whitening, sensitive and massage.
- Replacement heads are only $6 with subscription.
None of this was required for me to share, I just REALLY love this toothbrush…and brushing my teeth. I brush after every meal and if I know I’m going to be out of the house all day at a training or traveling, I carry my toothbrush with me!
THE HAPPY EVER AFTER PLAYLIST
If you are in need of a light summer read, this is a great one. I listened to it when I was driving down to Florida and I was literally laughing out loud. For all of its funny parts, there’s also undertones of some valuable lessons when it comes to grief and love. Just a head’s up that this one has quite a bit of foul language so if that bothers you, definitely skip it. I was glad Finn was immersed in Little Baby Bum or sleeping. 😉
What have you been wearing this summer? Would you choose fall/winter jeans or summer casual dresses?
I’d love to hear about your favorite toothpaste. I’m still using Arm + Hammer and I’m having a hard time giving it up because I love the baking soda feel.
Any other Ellie fans? What do you guys think about Taylor Swift’s new album?