HAPPY FRIDAY! I have a fun “five themed” post for you today that came to me during my run today. I do a lot of blog brainstorming in my head during runs. 🙂
CURRENT FAVORITE RUN DISTANCE: 5 MILES
Today’s 5 mile run was the catalyst for the format of this post. I don’t know what it is about 5 miles but it’s become my default distance. I set out with the idea of a shorter 3 mile run but the run was feeling SO good that I went for 5 instead. Lately my mid-week runs have been 5 miles and my weekend runs have been 8. It’s working right now.
5 THINGS I’M EXCITED ABOUT
1. I’m doing a two-day workshop with Kino MacGregor this weekend and I am THRILLED. She is a very well-known ashtangi and yoga teacher from Miami who travels all over the world teaching yoga. For some reason I have always been drawn to her but I’ve never practiced with her. A few months ago I saw that she’d be in Charlotte this fall so I signed up…and the weekend is finally HERE!
2. Traveling to Portland with Under Armour next week for a REALLY amazing fitness immersion experience! I leave on Halloween morning. Thank you for all of your great recommendations on things to do in the area and I’m also really hoping to finally meet the lovely ladies behind Wild Friends in person for the first time as they are based out of Portland!
3. Dressing up as dancing twin emojis with Virginia for our Y2 Halloween party on Saturday.
4. That Thanksgiving is less than a month away! It’s my favorite holiday! I am unsure whether I’ll be in Florida or here in Charlotte but regardless…I’m ready to cook…and eat! If you’re pre-planning, here is a collection of my favorite Thanksgiving recipes.
5. Taking a week off of teaching. Between the workshop this weekend and next week’s travels, I’m taking almost a week off of teaching and looking forward to it. While I adore teaching and it is my #1 favorite thing to do, every few months I need to take a few days away from it to refill and recharge. I think the combo of Kino and seeing a part of the country I’ve never seen before will do just that. <3
5 THINGS I ATE THIS WEEK
This panko crusted mahi was so delicious and I need to post the recipe that I created for you guys SOON! Brussels sprouts tossed in balsamic reduction and roasted butternut squash on the side.
This turkey/salami/pepper jack wrap dipped in Primal Kitchen avocado oil ranch with grapes and kettle chips.
LOTS of bowls of this soup. I used my base recipe for this chicken, kale and lemon soup and added farro to it. So hearty, healthy and good. Even better with buttered sourdough toast on the side.
5 THINGS I’VE LISTENED TO LATELY
1. This heavy on the throwbacks playlist that I put together for my Y2 Strength classes this week. Listen to this one for your weekend workouts and I promise you’ll be singing along!
Brittney Spears’ Stronger, oh I had forgotten how much I love this song!
2. This TED Radio Hour podcast about Dialogue and Exchange. “We’re living in a time of intense ideological division, and it often feels impossible to bridge the gap. But can we afford not to? In this hour, TED speakers explore how to communicate across the divide.”
3. The new Pink album, Beautiful Trauma. I’ve always been ambivalent about Pink but I can say I am a fan of this album. It’s SO good. I think I’ve had at least one song from it on almost all of my yoga playlists for the last few months.
4. The Birthful Podcast Episode 42 about diastasis recti. I have had many, many clients and students who have struggled with varying degrees of diastasis recti after pregnancy so I have been trying so hard to educate myself about it in an effort to offer them more support and help. This was an interesting listen.
5. This Lewis Howes podcast with Esther Perel. I like a lot of Lewis Howes’ work and I also love Esther Perel’s writing and teachings on relationship dynamics. I just downloaded her new book to listen to on Audible.
5 THINGS I’VE READ RECENTLY
1. The book Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult. OMG, the ENDING. It left me feeling all sorts of confused about how I felt about it.
3. 20 Things You Don’t Have to Apologize For from Tiny Buddha
4. Athlesiure Capsule Wardrobe from Style Your Senses
1. What’s your go-to running distance right now?
2. What are you excited about?
3. What’s one thing you ate and enjoyed last week?
4. What are you listening to?
5. What are you reading?
Answer one or answer them all! Have a great weekend guys!