Happy weekend! I am so distracted by this.
These two are completely melting my heart. They have been absolutely inseparable.
My friend, fellow blogger and fellow Georgia Bulldog Brittany from A Healthy Slice of Life tagged me to complete this “Four Things” survey that’s making its way around the blog world. Enjoy! 🙂
Four names that people call me other than my real name:
1. Jen Marie (my dad’s nickname for me)
2. Jen D (because there are an infinite number of “Jen’s” everywhere I work…read my post about the name Jen)
3. Colonel DeCutins (the owner of Charlotte Yoga’s nickname for me…sometimes I’m all business! :))
4. PBR – ever since starting this blog, people have literally called me PBR…which always reminds me of the cheap beer…
Four jobs I’ve had:
1. Sales associate at a sporting goods store (first job in high school)
2. Camp counselor (five summers in college)
3. Ad agency account executive (two different agencies)
4. Marketing coordinator at Wild Dunes Resort (first job out of college)
Four movies I’ve watched more than once:
1. Terms of Endearment
2. The Neverending Story
3. A Walk to Remember
Four books I’d recommend:
2. The Fire Starter Sessions
3. The Gourmet Cookbook
Four places I’ve lived:
1. Athens, Georgia
2. Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
3. Birmingham, Alabama
4. Charlotte, North Carolina
Four places I’ve visited:
1. Paris, France (I turned 13 there!)
2. Ireland (high school graduation trip with my grandmother)
3. Colorado mountains (skiing in Vail and I took a group of 15 teenagers out west on a cross country trip from North Carolina my senior year of college…that was an experience to say the least)
4. Caribbean islands (my favorite getaway…I require an annual trip!)
Four places I’d rather be right now:
1. With my mom, dad and grandmother in Florida. My grandmother is there visiting and I’m sad I didn’t get to spend Thanksgiving with them.
2. On a beach in the Caribbean sipping a cocktail and reading a book
3. New York City to see the city dressed up for the holidays
4. A romantic cafe in Italy enjoying amazing food and wine.
Four things I prefer not to eat:
3. Corndogs…so random but I’m not on board with meat on a stick
4. Raw garlic and onions..I HATE tasting my food for the rest of the day. Give them to me cooked but not raw.
Four of my favorite foods:
2. Cheese (especially when there is wine involved)
3. Peanut Butter
4. Ice cream
Four TV shows I watch:
2. Top Chef
3. The Walking Dead (I still don’t really get why I watch this show but I can’t stop)
4. Grey’s Anatomy (I just started watching it again on Netflix…I’m catching up on season 10. I can’t believe this show has been on for so long. I was in college
Four things I’m looking forward to this year:
1. Seeing my family at the holidays
2. Turning in my second book in January and the release of my first book in March
3. Girl’s trip to the Dominican Republic in January
4. Planning yoga trainings and workshops
Four things I’m always saying:
1. “Inhale, upward facing dog…exhale, downward facing dog”
2. “1, 2, 3, 4, 5…” counting reps for clients. I find myself counting without even realizing I’m doing it.
3. “Go potty outside” (endless times to the new pup)
4. “Breathe” (to yoga students, clients, CrossFitters…)
Four people I tag to answer these questions:
1. Teri from A Foodie Stays Fit
2. Katie from She Rocks Fitness
3. Erica from Erica D. House
4. Meredith from The Cookie Chrunicles
And here is my four things question for you…Four things you are excited about this holiday season.
Thanks for sharing…..love the new puppy. I’m curious if you have had a chance to check out Pure Barre at all and what your opinion is of the workout. I love it so far, have taken about 30 classes but not sure if I need to mix it up with cardio on the side. Thanks
1. Spending Christmas in sunny San Diego
2. Splurging on peppermint mochas (my absolute fav holiday beverage)
3. Baking Christmas cookies
4. Trying to get my dog to wear her Santa hat so I can take her picture!
I agree! Onions and garlic cooked please!
Haha, I just finished watching last week’s episode of The Walking Dead (online)! The only show I watch!
For the holidays, I am looking forward to coming home for winter break, seeing all my family, watching cheezy Hallmark movies, and sitting by the tree all decorated with coffee or a mug of tea!
I had to go back I totally missed the puppy post! My second dog is also named Zoey
Such a fun post Jen! I recently filled out this survey too! You’ve lived in so many nice places and I am loving all the trips you’ve taken! I definitely want to get to Ireland someday.
We have the same four “prefer not to eats!”
Aww, thank you for tagging me! I am so honored – much appreciated! We share a mutual love for peanut butter (and I hate the raw onions and garlic taste if eaten raw)…You must come up for a quick NYC trip! And, I always find myself repeating the words tuck, circle, lift and lower, after Pure Barre. I laugh when I realize I am doing it in my head lol.
2015 is going to be such an amazing year for you!
1. Evenings spent in front of the fireplace.
2. Time with my husband and family.
3. Christmas lights.
4. Giving gifts to family and friends.
I agree with you on your food choices. Love cheese with wine. And I’m with you on the raw garlic and onions……yuck.
Four of your favorite foods are four of mine too! 🙂
Four things I’m excited about this holiday season:
1) Christmas songs
2) finishing my first semester of college
3) going to Florida with my family for Christmas
Ohhhh your new puppy is the sweetest thing I have ever seen!!!!! More puppy pics please:-)
I completely agree with you about the raw onions and garlic! I really want a puppy now…they are so cute together.
1. teaching a LOT over christmas break
2. time with my family, especially my little brother.
3. movies that are released on christmas
4. peanut butter cookies with the hershey’s kiss in the middle!! yummy! my co-worker’s wife does a lot of christmas baking and when he brings her treats into the office I devour all the pb cookies:)