I haven’t shared a grocery haul in FOREVER so today is the day. I have been doing most of my shopping at ALDI during stay-at-home orders because my neighborhood store is convenient to get in and out of and has not been very crowded. For whatever reason, shopping at ALDI hasn’t given me quite as much anxiety as other stores. Another bonus is the cost savings as ALDI has consistently lower prices than stores like Whole Foods and Harris Teeter.
For this post I am going to share a recap of what I bought at ALDI during my weekly shopping trip last week. I am also going to share some of my ALDI favorites because I get asked ALL.THE.TIME. what I like to buy at ALDI! A lot of it is organic.
And haha, this post is not sponsored by ALDI…although my love for the store did start 5-6 years ago when I went on a sponsored trip to visit ALDI headquarters! I have truly become an #ALDIFan. 🙂
ALDI GROCERY HAUL (WITH PRICES!)
- 4 Hass avocados – $0.89/each
- 4-pack zucchini – $2.05
- Texas Pete hot sauce (random, I know but I had been out forever and some recipes call for it) – $1.53
- Spaghetti squash – $2.42
- Brussels sprouts – $2.69
- Organic baby spinach clamshell (5 oz) – $1.89
- Baby portobello mushrooms – $1.39
- Okra – $1.99
- Ricotta cheese – $1.69
- Cilantro – $0.75
- Barbecue chicken frozen pizza – $4.69
- Fresh Atlantic salmon (under the pizza)- $6.74 (it was about 3/4 lb)
- Prosciutto – $3.99
- Gouda cracker cuts – $3.49
- Medley cherry tomatoes – $2.59
- Gouda shreds – $2.99
- Goat cheese – $1.99
- Cauliflower – $2.19
- Strawberries – $2.29
- Sponges – $1.69
- Canola and olive oil sprays – $1.35/each
- Organic applesauce cups – $1.39
- Organic peanut butter – $3.45
- Kalamata olives – $2.15
- Pesto – $1.74
- Spindrift 8-pack – $5.99
- Two half gallons organic whole milk – $2.89/each
- Organic light brown sugar – $2.39
- Organic whole bean coffee (2 packs) – $4.28/each
- Green grapes (2 lbs) – $3.45
- Bananas (2 lbs) – $0.78
- Organic white cheddar puffs (2) – $1.97
- Dark chocolate with caramel – $1.99
- GT’s Kombucha (3) – $2.95/each
- Organic, cage-free eggs – $2.79
- Coleus hanging basket – $6.99
Note, whenever possible I try to buy my meat and eggs locally from a few of my favorite farms – Windy Hill, Hoffman Heritage & Heirlooms and Bluebird Farm. I have been so thrilled to be able to continue supporting these local farms in current times.
SOME OF MY ALDI FAVES
- Organic honey
- Organic natural peanut butter
- Organic (and fair trade!) whole bean coffee. You can’t see the price here but it’s only $4.28. I buy this ALL the time. It’s very good.
- Organic ranch and creamy Italian dressing. Have been loving both of these lately.
- Organic White Cheddar Puffs – no surprise that Finn loves these and calls them “Cheetos”
- Okay, that photo top left is small but LISTEN UP! ALDI sells ghee ($6.48 for 13 oz), organic coconut oil ($4.49 for 14 oz) and avocado oil ($5.49 for 17 oz).
- Jarred pesto (so good!)
- Organic beef and chicken bone and regular broth
- Once again the photo is small but LISTEN UP! Flax seed ($1.79 for 16 oz), chia seeds ($3.29 for 12 oz) and almond flour ($6.19 for 16 oz).
- Organic mac and cheese
- Canned organic diced tomatoes
- Organic spring mix, spinach and arugula. The prices are insane. $1.89 for the small 5 oz spinach clamshell and $3.59 for 16 oz of spring mix.
- Organic bagged apples
- Medjool dates
- Avocados ($0.89 each!)
I buy a ton of other produce at ALDI, depending on what looks good. Example in my grocery haul above.
- Grass-fed ground beef
- Organic whole milk ($2.89 per half gallon!!! I swear it’s the Horizon brand repackaged for ALDI)
- Organic eggs
- Salsa, hummus and tzatziki
- Perfect bars
- GT’s kombucha
Speaking of refrigerated things, I love the cheese selection at ALDI and buy a lot of it. For some reason I missed taking photos but they have tons of delicious cheese options. Oh, I also like their plain full-fat organic Greek yogurt. FAGE is my favorite but the ALDI brand is cheaper and still delicious. I’ll buy it if I am there and don’t have a chance to get FAGE.
- Broccoli, sweet potato and kale and spinach bites. Finn loves these. They are easy to pop into the air fryer to serve with breakfast, lunch or dinner!
- Frozen seafood. I buy sea scallops, jumbo shrimp, wild salmon and ahi tuna regularly.
- Frozen veggie burgers
Where are my ALDI shoppers? What are your favorite things to buy?
For non-ALDI shoppers, any questions? Things you want to know about shopping at ALDI?