I owe you guys a recap on my 10 Day of Clean Eating Challenge. First things first, let’s be honest – I only made it nine days before throwing in the towel. In summary, it wasn’t life changing but I did learn a few things.
- I am definitely addicted to caffeine. I had terrible withdrawal headaches the first couple days without it. I really love coffee so I’m not going to give it up but I am going to be more mindful of how much I drink and try to switch out tea a couple of times a week.
- It was easy not to drink wine. I seriously missed coffee more than wine! It was nice to break the routine of having a glass of wine most nights of the week. Also, I slept so much better at night.
- I love dessert and I missed ice cream. Avoiding sugar was really hard for me. Things pretty much went downhill after the night that I baked the peanut butter chocolate chip bars. I will say that it was good to break the habit of having something sweet after every meal but think I’ll still be eating dessert most nights of the week moving forward! 😉
- Meat was really easy. I’m convinced that I could easily go vegetarian (although I am not going to). I have no problem omitting meat from my diet.
- There was no noticeable change in my yoga practice. The original plan was to practice every day but there was just no way that could happen with my schedule. Even if I had practiced every day I don’t think that it would have made a huge difference.
Overall, I think I’ll stick to my “everything in moderation/balance is key” philosophy. I don’t enjoy completely omitting things from my diet or the mentality that I can’t have something. The challenge was a good way to break some bad habits though!
So that’s that. Let me know if you have any other questions about it!
I started my morning with an ashtanga practice. My body was feeling pretty open so I dabbled in second series a bit…always good to humble me and make me feel like a beginner again!
Breakfast at my desk.
I came home for lunch.
Brandon and I dined al fresco – it was 80 degrees! I had a grilled cheese with colby-jack, spinach and avocado. I have been craving a grilled cheese for a few days now so this totally hit the spot!
I spent the whole afternoon with butterflies in my stomach in anticipation of the yoga class I was teaching after work. Seriously. I don’t even remember the last time I was so nervous to teach a class! My sweet husband came to class to support me and overall I think it went okay. I had about 20 people in class and I took them through a basic power flow. I definitely just need a lot of practice teaching yoga so that the words begin to come naturally and I can infuse a bit more of my personality and style into it.
We had a fun dinner planned. Late last week I came home to find a surprise package from a PBR reader that I’ve been emailing a lot with over the past few months.
The AMAZING Canyon Ranch: Nourish cookbook. Thank you so much, Louly! Brandon and I have already gone through it and picked out about a ton of things that we want to make.
We got started tonight with a mahi dish.
Coconut-Crusted Mahi with Horseradish Orange Marmalade. Here is a link to the recipe online. I served it with coconut lime rice and a salad with mixed greens, blue cheese, almonds and orange segments. This was such a delicious dinner!
Off to bed. Eight hours are a necessity tonight!