Happy Halloween Eve! I am getting so excited to dress up Finn on Halloween. There’s a little block party in my neighborhood that I’m going to stroll him over to. I also can’t wait to show you guys his costume…it’s pretty cute!
(photo Wanda Koch)
In anticipation of Halloween, I thought we could all use a “Candy Crusher” workout (similar to my very popular cookie crusher holiday workouts). I’ve put together a challenging but totally doable 31 minute workout with 10 reps (see what I did there with the 10/31?) of 5 different exercises + a 400 meter run.
I also made it a bodyweight workout so that you can do it at home since I figured it might be a busy day if you have activities planned with your kids or want to stay close to home to welcome the trick or treaters!
2018 CANDY CRUSHER HALLOWEEN WORKOUT
Here it is! Who’s excited!? 🙂
- Low squat in and out jumps – drop to the bottom of your squat position with hands in front of the chest. Stay low in your squat and jump your feet in and out 10 times. It’s kind of like you’re doing a jumping jack with your feet but keeping your upper body still and your lower body in a low squat.
- Hand release push ups – on your knees or toes, lower the body all the way down to the floor and lift the hands off the mat right next to your chest. Press firmly through the palms and engage the core and legs to come back up. The goal is to lift and lower with body in a straight line and not to wiggle worm up and down.
- Pulsing jump lunges – it’s a jump lunge but with a pulse at the bottom before jumping to switch to the other side. If you don’t want to jump, do 10 lunges on each side where you drop, pulse at the bottom and stand up on each rep.
- Straight leg bicycle – a bicycle crunch but with straight scissor legs. Want to make it harder? Reach your hand for the opposite ankle on each rep.
- Tricep dips with leg lift – get in tricep dip position and lift one leg out in front of you. Do 10 dips and then switch legs and do 10 more.
OCTOBER WORKOUT PLAYLIST
It’s been a couple of months since I put together a workout playlist for you! Here’s a link to the playlist on Spotify. Enjoy!
What are your Halloween plans?
What’s your favorite Halloween candy? Reese’s all the way but I do love candy corn. I feel like you’re either a love or hate on that one! 🙂
HELLO FELLOW CANDY CORN LOVER.
There are so few of us, which works out PERFECTLY. 🙂
Haha! We are the few and the proud! 🙂
Reese’s!!! I had my class “trick or treat” from my bag of candy this morning. Each piece of candy was worth so many reps of a particular exercise. It was a fun way to mix up class a little and do something different.
That is such a creative idea! Thanks for sharing!
I can’t wait to see Finn’s outfit!! Thanks for this workout, I will be trying this after work tonight!!