As I mentioned in a previous post, I hit the ground running after I got home from Florida. Catching up on work coupled with the final yoga teacher training weekend made for a crazy week. I wasn’t able to do my regular weekly grocery shopping trip so meals were thrown together with whatever we had on hand or take out from Namastay Kitchen. I did pop into Harris Teeter a couple of times to grab a few things here and there but I am just one of those people who does so much better with one big trip versus a bunch of small ones.
I was finally able to make it to Whole Foods today to restock on staples and get things for dinner for the rest of this week. My shopping tends to rotate between Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s and ALDI with as many farmers market trips as I can squeeze in to get local produce and meats. I didn’t go crazy with my shopping trip this week because we’re scheduled for a Blue Apron delivery on Saturday.
I thought I’d share what I bought with you since it’s been a few months since I’ve posted a grocery haul. Also, keep reading for a few fun updates.
- Sweet potatoes for Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowls
- Red cabbage for Braised Red Cabbage and Apples
- Mushrooms because I just like to have them on hand
- Broccoli for a dinner side
- Radishes for salads (and I might sautee some)
- Arugula for salads
- Bananas…we go through SO MANY! This is our third bunch since Saturday
- NC strawberries! 2 for $5 at WF today!
- Raspberries (also 2 for $5)
- Avocados…we have quite a few ripe ones in the fridge so I got them really green. They were only $1 each so I couldn’t pass them up.
- Cashew butter
- Purely Elizabeth Cranberry Pecan Granola
- GF rice thin crackers
- Organic whole bean coffee
- Almond butter
- Light coconut milk
- Cedars Organic Lemon Cayenne Hommus (<— obsessed!)
And finally, meats and fermented foods.
- Kombucha (excited to try the new Lemonade flavor from GT’s)
- Wild caught king Alaskan salmon (dinner tonight)
- Organic chicken breasts (dinner tomorrow night)
- Sauerkraut…I have no idea why I bought this. I like sauerkraut and I see Brittany eating it all the time. I guess I was just craving something a little random. I’d love to hear your favorite ways to eat sauerkraut. I could use some new ideas.
- Probiotic supplement
Let’s talk about the probiotic. I haven’t taken one regularly in a long time and every time I go to Whole Foods I stare at the overwhelming display of them. I finally asked for help today and was directed to the Dr. Formulated Once Daily Ultra by Garden of Life as a solid all-around best choice.
It was pricy at $46 (luckily the person helping me gave me a $3 coupon so at least I saved a little) but I thought it worth the investment to give it a try. You can find it on Amazon for $38 and it’s a Prime item.
Guess what I spotted right next to the probiotics? My book! I’ve received emails, comments and SnapChats from many of you that you’ve spotted it in Whole Foods all over the country. Such a crazy feeling!
While we’re on the topic of books, last year I hosted the #UltimatePlankChallenge in the month of May to promote my book, Ultimate Plank Fitness. The challenge was a lot of fun and I’ve decided to host another one this year. I’ll be switching up some of the plank variations and even including some that aren’t in the book! Get excited. I’ll be posting details later this week and the challenge will kick off on Sunday!
And last, if you’re in the Charlotte area and looking for a different kind of challenge this weekend, consider the Tunnel to Towers Climb. It’s a 50-story stair race in the Duke Energy Center building. My friend and fellow yoga teacher Suzanne Bergen is the race director. The mission of this foundation is, “to honor the sacrifice of firefighter Stephen Siller who laid down his life to save others on September 11, 2001. We also honor our military and first responders who continue to make the supreme sacrifice of life and limb for our country.” Suzanne is currently ranked one of the top 15 climbers in the country.
Have a wonderful rest of your day and evening!
Do you take a probiotic?
Would you ever sign up for a stair climbing race?