I have been regularly shopping at ALDI for almost a year now and I remain amazed by the savings there are to be had by shopping there. Last weekend I went to Whole Foods for my weekly grocery shopping and my bill was $185. This week I went to ALDI and my bill was $85. I’ll admit that I did buy more meat at Whole Foods but overall…it’s night and day difference.
All that said, I 100% admit that I love Whole Foods for certain products and the overall shopping experience but ALDI is a welcome, budget-friendly addition to my regular rotation.
Here’s a look at what I bought at ALDI today for $85. Note that I was buying some items for an upcoming healthier Super Bowl snack post.
- Sweet potatoes
- Grape Tomatoes
- Strawberries -from Florida!
- Avocados – 0.59 each!
- Organic bananas
Cheese and such…
- Shredded parmesan
- Plain greek yogurt – their big containers are like $3.79!
- Honey goat cheese
- Cream cheese
- Two containers of feta
- Organic shredded white cheddar
Other good stuff…
- Crest toothpaste
- Sliced prosciutto
- Sliced almonds
- Marinated artichoke hearts
- Smoked uncured applewood bacon – this stuff is dirt cheap, thick cut and amazing. I keep it in the fridge on the regular.
- Organic marinara sauce
- Multi-grain flax flatbread – my #1 favorite brand of “flat out” wrap
- Multigrain pita crackers – these are delicious!
- Italian seasoning
- Chocolate bars (3) – these chocolate bars are a staple in my house!
And an 8-pack of Bounty paper towels.
Not bad, huh?
Are you an ALDI shopper?
(This post is not sponsored…I just love ALDI!)