Hi everyone! I hope it’s been a wonderful weekend. I have been ultra-productive with house-related tasks and have cleaned, organized and baked my way through this weekend. It’s been wonderful and I feel so settled which is always nice.
My friend Teri from A Foodie Stays Fit recently tagged me in one of those blogging award survey things that you used to see in the blog world all the time.
I haven’t participated in anything like this in so long but I love the random questions that Teri through at me. So thanks to Teri for thinking of me! Your blog definitely brings sunshine to my days! 🙂
Here are “the rules”…
1. Include award logo in a post or on your blog.
2. Link to the person who nominated you.
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself.
4. Nominate 10 bloggers to receive the award and ask them 10 questions.
And here are Teri’s questions for us…
1. What’s your favorite holiday and why?
Thanksgiving. Hands down. I love that it’s focused on spending quality time with friends and family and on preparing and enjoying a meal. All the craziness around Christmas stresses me out but Thanksgiving just feels right and makes me happy and grateful. My dad and I spend weeks ahead of time planning the menu. I love all the research and trying new recipes and revisiting old favorites. The day of I always get up early to go out for a run and then come in and spend the whole day in the kitchen with my parents cooking.
2. If you could go any place in the world, where would it be?
This is a tough one because my travel wish list is pretty long. I would like to visit Mysore, India to practice ashtanga for a few weeks. South America is also pretty high on the places I would like to visit.
3. Are you an introvert or extrovert? What’s an trait you have that obviously proves it?
4. What was the first-ever blog you read that wasn’t a close friend or family member?
This is a tough one. I’m not sure that I can remember but I got my start in food blogs. I loved Annie’s Eats, The Way the Cookie Crumbles and Smitten Kitchen. I didn’t get into “Healthy Living” blogs until a couple of years later.
5. Why do you keep blogging?
There are a few reasons…first, I legitimately really enjoy sitting down every day and writing. Second, I love the connecting with readers and other bloggers. And third, the information sharing that happens through blogging is really cool to me. There are so many things that I would have never tried or experienced were it not for blogging. Everything from workouts to products to foods to restaurants and more!
6. What are you looking forward to during the rest of 2013?
The opportunity to slow down and focus on what I’m truly passionate about. This will also bring new space for me to make relationships with friends and family a priority and I am so grateful for that.
I’m also looking forward to my dear friend Lina’s destination wedding!!!
7. What is a goal you are working on right now?
The launch of my personal website and booking workshops and events in Charlotte and hopefully across the US!
8. Do you believe in fate?
I believe that the Universe/God/Your Higher Power has a plan for all of us but I believe that the plan doesn’t unfold without work on our part. The actions we take in our daily lives create the path for our journey and our destiny. I think chalking things up to fate can be an easy cop out where you can avoid doing the work that it takes to make your plan happen.
9. If you had unlimited money, how would you fill your time?
I can honestly say that I would do most of the same things that I do now…teaching yoga, personal training, writing…but I would add in a little more travel and a lot more outreach where I worked to offer yoga therapy for those who could benefit from it.
10. What’s your favorite TV show?
Currently, Mad Men, although at some point every single show I shout out, “Don Draper is an asshole!”
Other current and all-time faves include: Criminal Minds, Top Chef, SYTYCD, Homeland, Breaking Bad, Orange is the New Black, House of Cards, How I Met Your Mother
My questions for others…
1. What is your favorite way to sweat?
2. What was your favorite subject in school?
3. Do you like to plan things out in detail or be spontaneous?
4. What’s your favorite type of ethnic food?
5. Tell me about the coolest city you’ve ever visited.
6. Have you ever sky dived? Would you?
7. What’s your number one piece of advice for new bloggers?
8. Hunger Games or Twilight?
9. Do you enjoy hiking and camping or city streets and fancy hotels?
10. What is your dream job?
1. Bess from Bess Be Fit
2. Sierra from Posh Meets Pavement
3. Katherine from Real Food Runner
4. Katie from She Rocks Fitness
5. Caroline from Sweet Caroline
6. Sara from Loving on the Run
7. Haley from Cupcakes and Sunshine
8. Christine from Apple of My Eye
9. Gina from Health, Love and Chocolate
10. Tara from Treble in the Kitchen
Your turn! Answer any of the questions above from me or Teri!