Happy new week friends! I’ve had two cups of coffee and I’m feeling ready to tackle the day. I don’t have much planned for it…but I’m ready to GO! 🙂
I HAVE A NINE MONTH OLD!
The news of today is that I have a NINE month old! Today marks nine months in the world with us for this little guy and I’m counting my blessings.
Here are some of the fun things he’s doing/milestones:
- Finn has SIX teeth! Four up top and two on the bottom.
- Army crawling and doing it quickly. So stinking cute.
- Responding to some phrases like “come here,” “I’m going to get you.” He also knows his name and “no, no, no” but whether he decides to listen to those is variable. 😉
- Finally not hating sitting up. Still not pushing himself up to sit but will sit and play for a few minutes when I put him there…sometimes. Only if he’s in the mood.
- Talking (babbling) up a storm, especially at mealtimes. He has a lot to add to the dinner conversation.
- Music and being sung to is still a favorite.
- Pulling up to stand by crawling up people who are sitting down. He’ll crawl into your lap and then scale up you until he’s standing. He’s not pulling to stand much on furniture yet.
- Stretching his arms out/reaching to be held. (My heart…)
Food has been a lot of fun lately. Solids have finally clicked for Finn and I finally feel like he’s eating a substantial amount. I’ve also noticed that he’s nursing a little less. I’m sitting him down for three meals a day, most days. There are occasions where he sleeps through lunch or is too tired for dinner but for the most part, we are doing three meals. Recent favorites include…
- Blueberry pancakes (made from Kodiak Cakes mix)
- Meatballs (made with Italian sausage and ground beef)…he ate a whole meatball!
- Buttermilk biscuits
- Mac and cheese (LOVED)
- Broccoli cheddar soup
- A few licks of my grandmother’s ice cream cone (REALLY loved…haha!)
- Dorie’s baked ziti (pasta and meat)
- Saltine crackers
- Bites of my sandwiches
I mostly just give Finn deconstructed or smaller versions of what I am eating. For example, last night we had corned beef, roasted potatoes, sautéed cabbage and biscuits. I put little bites of all of it on his plate (I smashed the potatoes first) and he ate a little of all of it.
He’s also super interested in eating what I am eating, so that helps with getting him to try things! His current favorite is taking bites of my sandwiches. It’s very cute.
My weekend was super chill. I enjoyed lots of downtime with my family and long walks on the beach with my boy. I’ve done a lot of sitting and resting and have been in bed (and asleep!) most nights by 9:30.
The weather has been pretty overcast for this trip but it makes for perfect beach walking weather so that the sun isn’t in Finn’s face. I love this time of year at the beach, so peaceful.
I did get out of the house on Sunday to take a yoga class at Balance Health Studio in Seagrove Beach on 30A. I love taking classes with the owner Kelli Precourt. It has been well over a year since I’ve taken her class and I’ve missed them so much. Kelli’s classes are the perfect blend of spiritual and physical and she’s so real and relatable in her delivery. She creates a classroom environment that feels so welcoming and free.
If you vacation in the 30A area, do yourself a favor and seek out one of Kelli’s spicy vinyasa classes. <3
It’s about a 45 minute drive for me to get to Balance so this was the first time left Finn with my mom to make the four-hour round trip to take class. They had great fun together. I came back to this scene and it made my heart smile. I was grateful to be able to practice with Kelli. It was such a treat.
LAST WEEK’S WORKOUTS
Nothing too exciting to share but here is a recap…
Monday: 3.4 mile walk
Wednesday: 2 mile run, 2.5 mile walk
Thursday: 3.1 mile walk
Friday: 2.5 mile beach walk
Saturday: 4 mile run, 2 mile beach walk
Sunday: vinyasa yoga
And that’s all. Finn’s up from his nap and we’re off to enjoy the day in Florida.
I’d love to hear about your favorite kind of yoga class? Do you prefer more spiritual, physical or a blend of both? Talk to me about your ideal class!!!
What’s your favorite baby age/stage/milestone? I feel like we’re at such a sweet spot right now. Tons of personality and mobile but not talking or walking yet.