It’s time to share some workout motivation with you! Today I’ve got a HIIT workout that can be done anywhere with no equipment along with your June workout playlist. The playlist features two hours of amazing music to help push you through your runs and gym (or at home!) sweat sessions this month.
As for the workout, many of you commented that you’d like to see more high intensity workouts and that you like full body workouts. I’ve put together a workout that you can knock out in under 25 minutes and that will have your heart beating and sweat dripping.
7-MINUTE AMRAPS HIIT WORKOUT
It’s been a hot second since I programmed a workout featuring AMRAPs so I thought that would be a great way to mix it up for you today. The workout is broken up into three, 7-minute AMRAP blocks. AMRAP means “as many reps as possible” so the idea is that you move through each set of work at a pace that is challenging for you for the full seven minutes. I’m giving you two minutes of recovery before you start the next AMRAP block.
Sounds fun, right?
Here’s the workout! For each AMRAP block, set a timer for 7 minutes and just cycle through these exercises until you run out of time. You might get one round + 10 reps done or three rounds done…there is no right or wrong! You work at the speed/intensity that works for you.
A few notes on some of the movements…
- Here’s a link to the speed skaters
- For the squat jacks, start with feet slightly wider than the hips, squat down and tap the floor (or close to it) with straight arms and then explode back up bringing feet together and arms overhead like a jumping jack land back in the bottom of your squat, tap floor and repeat
- Cross body mountain climbers are just knee to opposite elbow instead of straight to center
- Spice up your sit ups by standing all the way up when you sit up – make it even harder by adding a jump when you stand up
- For the plank up and downs, start in a high plank position and walk down to forearms and then back to high plank – you can do this on your knees
JUNE WORKOUT PLAYLIST
As always, I recommend putting the playlist on shuffle mode so that it stays fresh for your workouts. Here’s the direct link to the playlist on Spotify.
Happy sweating. Report back if you try the workout! I always love your feedback.