I’m rolling into the final 10(ish) weeks of pregnancy today! My due date is in 69 days but in my prenatal yoga training we learned that full-term can be considered anywhere between 38-42 weeks so…we shall see!
The weeks seriously seem to be flying by. I can’t believe that Thursday is March 1. I’m going to be meeting this baby so soon!
30 WEEKS PREGNANCY UPDATE
Baby is the size of a zucchini. They have to mean one of those gigantic ones you see at the farmers market during the summer, right? I feel like your average zucchini doesn’t weigh 3 lbs! My other app says a cabbage. Baby is averaging anywhere from 15.2-16.7 inches and 2.5-3.8 pounds!
- Eyesight is continuing to improve, though still blurry. Baby is now good at opening and closing eyes.
- Brain is getting more wrinkly to hold more essential brain tissue.
- Immune system growing stronger by the day.
- Brain and body fat beginning to regulate body temperature.
HOW I’M FEELING AT 30 WEEKS PREGNANT
Weight gain/body changes: I think I’m finally over the 15 pound mark and hovering closer to 17ish.
I said this last week but over the weekend of February 17, my belly seemed to pop overnight and it’s been growing ever since. I feel so pregnant now and my belly is starting to get in the way sometimes.
I’ve also said this in previous recaps but I want to reiterate that I’ve definitely lost muscle tone and increased body fat…and cellulite!
My innie is on the verge of becoming and outie. No stretch marks yet. No dark line down my belly yet.
Workouts/Workout Modifications: since I last checked in, I’ve taught one strength class, walked a good bit and done two yoga practices. No running, no jumping, no spinning, nothing high intensity.
- Still breaking out like crazy on my cheeks, especially my right one. There is nothing clear about my skin right now. It’s so congested.
- Digestion is getting noticeably slower and everything from liquids to food seems like it just kind of “sits” up high in my stomach and on the verge of coming back up. Some heartburn on and off but nothing too terrible.
- Starting to experience some general discomfort.
- Still getting Braxton-Hicks but they have definitely calmed down a good bit. I mostly get them if I have to pee really badly or right after I go to the bathroom and later in the day/evening if I’ve been on my feet a lot.
- Peeing ALL.THE.TIME. There was one day last week where I swear I peed more in a single day than any other day in pregnancy. I felt like I was in the bathroom 2-3x/hour. Makes sense as baby G’s head has been using my bladder as a cushion here lately. No complaints from me though…stay head down buddy!
Sleep: I have just accepted that sleep is going to be hit or miss. I shared on Instagram that I was up super early at the beach one morning because of insomnia/indigestion and so many ladies commented that they dealt with the same thing in the third trimester. Some even said that newborn sleep was better than third tri sleep! Crazy!
I had my first labor dream last night. Ahhhh.
Food aversions/cravings: okay, I was determined to get back to cooking some healthier/more well-rounded meals this week and so far, so good! I made stuffed spaghetti squash on Sunday night and shepherd’s pie last night. Both tasted delicious! I have leftovers for the next two nights.
That being said, there was no seafood or red meat/pork on my meal plan for the week.
Also, I’ve eaten salads for the last two days for lunch…and I baked a lemon yogurt loaf cake last night. Balance. 🙂
- The crib has been assembled. Dresser up next!
- I booked a birth class at the hospital. It’s for two hours on a weeknight for three consecutive weeks. It covers what to expect during labor and birth, signs of early labor, Lamaze relaxation and breathing techniques, Cesarean birth and pain management choices. Information also given on infant care, safety and adjusting to parenthood.
- I have narrowed down pediatrician choice to two practices and there are two doctors at each practice that I’m interested in.
- Baby shower dates have been set and invitations have either been ordered or sent out for both. (Edited to add that I’m not planning these…but I was active in the date picking and invitation list making. Haha!)
- As I mentioned last week, baby has a first name but there is currently an intense debate happening over middle name.
- He moves all the time! Big moves, jumps, thumps, rolls, kicks, etc. It’s awesome.
- I am starting to think so much about what (and who!) he’s going to look like and what it’s going to be like to meet him.
- No strangers have attempted to touch my belly yet. But my friends/students are welcome to! 🙂
- One of my students said told me she felt the baby kick her when I was assisting her in half moon last last week!
Middle name…how much do you think it matters?
Any tips/strategies for dealing with indigestion/heartburn in the third trimester? Things you took? Foods you avoided?
Child care…this one is a doozy. Given that I’m self-employed I don’t really get a maternity leave. My plan is to take a few months off of teaching but to keep writing/blogging throughout. After that…I have no idea. I’ve thought about day care waiting lists but I just have no idea where to start because my schedule is so untraditional. Anyone have advice on how you made this decision or options to consider?