Clearly it’s been a minute since I shared recent eats with you because after sitting down to edit photos this afternoon, I ended up with 20 of them! I have tons of meal ideas for you today.
Let’s jump in and go in reverse order. My grandmother used to have a framed cross-stitch in her kitchen that said, “life is uncertain, eat dessert first.”
When we traveled to Florida last weekend to celebrate Finn’s first birthday, my mom made my favorite…banana pudding!
She makes it from scratch, custard and meringue, and it’s one of my favorite things ever! I ate a LOT of this during my time in Florida. I think this is the recipe. It’s from the Southern Living Cookbook.
Strawberry cupcake with vanilla buttercream from Edible Art.
My ice cream combinations have been getting a little elaborate lately. A recent favorite is vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup, crushed peanut butter Oreos and a crushed Reese’s egg. I shared this combo on Instagram stories last week and asked, “too much?” Only 17 percent of people said yes. The other 83% said, “gimme.” You people are my people.
So many good dinners to share! I hope you love these dinner ideas…both from home and my time with my family!
This was a Blue Apron taco dinner. It was chorizo tacos with roasted potatoes. The chorizo filling included sliced cabbage and the tacos were topped with radishes and creme fraiche. I added avocados to mine too. 🙂 The roasted potatoes were tossed with cojita cheese and definitely something I’ll repeat again on my own.
Grilled chicken thighs with beans and a salad. My dad got a mini 3 quart Instant Pot and this was his first time cooking dried beans in it. He LOVES new kitchen gadgets. I’m surprised it’s taken him so long to get an Instant Pot!
Grouper parmesan. This recipe is so easy and one of my favorite ways to prepare grouper (note, we didn’t broil it…just baked it). My parents are able to get super fresh grouper where they live. If I had to pick a favorite fish, grouper would probably be it…with salmon and tuna as close runners up. I just love it’s meaty, flaky texture and mild taste.
Guess who else loved this dinner? Finn! He ate SO MUCH fish. We were all cracking up. We served the grouper alongside green beans and mashed cauliflower.
Another delicious dinner with the fam. Grilled pork tenderloin with peanut butter sauce. I keep saying that I need to share this peanut butter sauce recipe but I really need to do it! I kept spooning more and more onto my pork. On the side, a mashed sweet potato with butter and maple syrup and roasted broccoli with cheese and a lemon/olive oil drizzle. The sourdough toast was for Finn. 🙂
Final dinner with the fam was southwestern shrimp taco salad. You can find the recipe here!
Back at home, dinners weren’t quite as exciting. Steamed basmati rice, baked chicken thighs and roasted broccoli.
Baked tofu, steamed quinoa, roasted brussels and mushrooms and Hope Foods hummus.
A Blue Apron pizza with sautéed fennel and onions, roasted red peppers and fresh mozzarella.
Finally, tofu dinner above + goat cheese and a fried egg.
Not too many lunch combinations to share with you!
There are only so many turkey sandwich photos that you can share. I keep trying to get away from them but I keep coming back.
Acai bowl from a food truck in Florida.
No smoothie bowls! 🙂
Buttered cinnamon raisin toast, scrambled eggs and a banana.
Banana oatmeal with cottage cheese stirred in and topped with almond butter and jam.
Cottage cheese scrambled eggs cooked in butter, a toasted Dave’s Killer cinnamon raisin bagel with butter and cream cheese and berries.
My dad’s homemade yogurt and granola topped with bananas, berries and almond butter.
We’ve reached the end!!!
Which of these dinners would you eat most enthusiastically?
What’s your favorite type of fish?
Favorite ice cream toppings?