It’s no secret that I’m kind of the furthest thing from a fashion or beauty blogger that there is. I will totally own that. Even still, I have always enjoyed trying different beauty products. I can spend hours reading about different products and browsing aisles in beauty departments.
I’ve had a running list for a few months now of some products that I wanted to share with you guys. Some are old faves and some are new finds. I also realized that I have never posted my #1 beauty “hack” of all time. Today seemed like a good day! 🙂 Note, this post contains affiliate links.
Let’s start there!
HEAT YOUR EYELASH CURLER WITH YOUR BLOW DRYER!
Luckily, my lashes are dark but they are short and pretty straight. An eyelash curler is a must for me! I’ve been using this one from Tweezerman for several years now.
If you want to take your eyelash curling to the next level, heat it with a blow dryer! I read this tip in a magazine when I was somewhere around 13-14 years old and have been doing it ever since! It essentially makes your eyelash curler sort of like a curling iron and the lashes hold the curl so much better.
The heat and curl works wonders for your eyelashes whether you are going to wear mascara or go natural. It really opens up your eyes. Note: you only need a quick shot with the hair dryer to warm up the curler. Be careful not to let it get too hot because the sensitive skin on your lids will burn easily.
I love the long, curled lash look but I’ve never been willing to get extensions. This curling trick + a few swipes of the right mascara works wonders for my lashes. Here are the mascaras that I come back to over and over again.
- Diorshow Waterproof
- L’Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Waterproof Mascara
- Lancome Definicils High Definition Waterproof
I always buy waterproof so that I don’t have to worry about washing it off before teaching or working out and also because I think it “stays in position” better once you put it on curled lashes than regular mascara. To get the mascara off, nothing can beat Lancome Bi-Facil and some Aquaphor. I could write a whole post on my love for Aquaphor. I use it for so much.
Now those current beauty product favorites!
10 Current Favorite Beauty Products
I’m so excited to share this lineup with you because I think to myself regularly, “I have got to blog about this” when I’m using some of these products. They are the best of the best.
From left to right…
- Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum – I purchased this serum last May and have been using it twice a day ever since. I have really scaled back my skincare routine since being pregnant and breastfeeding and this serum has been great. Its blend of antioxidants work to even skin tone, smooth texture and improving the overall appearance of the skin.
- Dr. Hauschka Revitalizing Day Cream – this is a sheer, lightweight moisturizer that’s great for everyday use. I use it twice a day, morning and night. A blend of sweet almond, olive fruit and jojoba seed oils condition and nourish while carrot root extract smooths. If you are looking for a moisturizer that doesn’t go on heavy, can be worn alone or under makeup and has clean, high quality ingredients…this one is for you!
- Revision Skincare Intellishade Original Tinted Moisturizer with Sunscreen – I am forever on the hunt for the right BB cream or tinted moisturizer and I am in love with this one for daily use. The cool thing about this tinted moisturizer is that it comes in one shade only and it naturally adjusts to blend to your skin. In addition to containing SPF 45, Revision Itellishade “reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and gives your face a sheer, healthy color. 94% of clinical study participants experienced smoother, brighter, more even-toned skin.” So there you go!
- Kenra Dry Oil Control Spray – my sweet grandmother introduced me to this product! She’s the best about buying fun new shampoos and products. This Dry Oil Spray is like the best combination of hair spray and anti-frizz oil and it’s just perfect for finishing your hair. It’s great for hair that tends to be frizzy or dry. It never looks oily on my hair and also doesn’t have the crunchy appearance of hairspray. Love this stuff.
- Chantecaille Le Camouflage Sylo Anti-Fatigue Corrector Pen – the click pen design makes this concealer a breeze to apply…and to throw in your purse if you need to make touchups on the go. What I like about this product so much is how hydrating it is. It smooths and brightens the under eye area.
- Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse Dry Oil – if you buy one thing in this round up, let this be it. This dry oil lasts forever, is so versatile and smells incredible. I mix a few drops of it with the unscented Whole Foods store brand moisturizer that I use all over my body. It makes my skin silky soft and you seriously don’t even need to think about perfume. It just has the nicest smell. This dry oil can be used on face, body and hair and features a blend of highly nourishing and anti-aging Tsubaki oil, softening sweet Almond oil, moisturizing Camellia oil, anti-wrinkle Borage oil, soothing Hazelnut oil, nourishing Macadamia oil and repairing Argan oil.
- Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel – I have been using this as a toner for over a year now and it’s awesome. I feel like I can’t wash my face without using it anymore! I pour some onto a cotton round and swipe it all over my face. I always feel so refreshed and clean after using it and my skin seems extra bright.
- Bioderma Sensibio H20 – I have been using this product for almost two years now and it seems like in that time that micellar water has become quite the thing. This is a wonderful gentle makeup remover. I use it before I get in the shower and wash my face if I’ve got makeup on.
- Dove 0% Aluminum Coconut and Pink Jasmine Deodorant – I was jumping for joy in the aisles of the store when I saw that Dove has an aluminum-free deodorant formula now! I’ve been using it for a couple of weeks now and it’s working well for me…and it smells good!
- Trish McEvoy 24-Hour Eye Shadow and Liner in Topaz – I think I’ve blogged about this product previously but years later I am still using it. This shadow/liner pen is super easy to apply and the brown shade is so flattering.
Share a favorite beauty hack with me. I’d love to hear your tips and tricks…and maybe compile them into a post!
Share your current favorite beauty products with me…budget or splurge. I am always looking to try new things! 🙂